Pre-Order Klir Filters Now! Say Goodbye to Filter Socks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

citymouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the idea of this, hate cleaning those socks! But, doesn't seem like it would fit in my system and the price is deal breaker for me, especially if more than one was needed. I have 3 filter socks.

scurvy dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting and it's something I would consider if I knew it worked on a Reefer 170.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As noted by @Carlos@CoralVue the RedSea sumps will require an adapter bracket but they've not expanded upon that yet. I would wait and see, let others be the retail guinea pigs ;)

citymouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking other companies will start making these to fit different sumps like mine!
Hopefully the price drops somewhat, because I would love this self cleaning easy option!
I'm waiting to see reviews over the next few months too, It seems too good to be true, lol

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad that the fleece rolls didn't stay true to the pricing as mentioned in RAP Orlando.
40% more then stated, blah!

Atti2de

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too many questions and not enough answers on this product. Going to have to wait and see before I toss my money towards it. Price point seems a little high on it seeing most people will need 2 or more for their systems. I’m not $500 lazy...yet

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price to play depends on your sump. Mine can support 3 4” or 2 7” filter socks. The 7” is only $50 more than the 4”. I want flow. To achieve this and have plenty of capacity to spare I can run one 7” for $299 (1800gph) , or two 4” for $458 (1600gph). I’m going with one 7” and a diverter. If I ever need more I can pull the diverter and for $269 get 1800gph more. In all reality I’ll never need more than one for my set up.

Dave

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't even get an answer for availability of the slave unit but it's only $30 cheaper (less optical unit).

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is required for dual unit (master/slave) operation? do I just order two standard units or do I order one normal version and one special slave unit?

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can decipher cause they don't reply, you can purchase 2 units but run one without the optical sensor but it still needs to be tied into the existing optical sensor control unit for the one unit via a Y-cable.
On the Klir website, the slave is only less $30 but is not available for purchase yet, go figure......

Schultz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Will this work with the Red Sea Reefer aquarium line?
Well I put one in my reefer 350! I cut a piece of acrylic and a slot for the sensor and set it just at the height that it overflows as it did with the socks in. I also closed off the one extra sock hole and set the unit with the flice front to back so the water flows it to the unit as for it not being a 1.5 inch above water I cant see it making that big of a difference, as long as it turns on to turn the fleece so far it seems to be working...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back