Pre-owned BioCube 16 gal LEDS went out

Lollyloves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pre-owned BioCube 16 gal that i have purchased. I was readying it for set up today..I hooked up the light and they turned on..I proceeded to add my salt and water and the lights went out. I was told I need a new transformer 12V from Xing Yuan Electronics Co., I think, because the one i have now is that brand. I need help to know which one to purchase on Amazon..Im a 64 year old lady and newer to saltwater tanks and not electronic savvy whatsover..Which one should i purchase from Amazon ? The name on the back of mine is
Name: Class 2 Power Unit
Model : NO: XY24S-1202000Q-UF
Input: 100-240V~50/60H
0.5A Max
OUTPUT: 12V- 2.0A

Any help on which exact unit i should buy would be most appreciated, Leslie

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry I can’t be more help, but do you have the model where there is a timer built into the lid? They can be tricky, unless you have the instructions or look at the instructions up online and really program it correctly. I would hate for you to think that your lights have gone bad when it’s just the timer that kicked the LEDs off. Other than that, don’t people usually replace the whole lid when the lights go bad on the Biocube? Somebody here will know more than me. Best wishes!!

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pre-owned BioCube 16 gal that i have purchased. I was readying it for set up today..I hooked up the light and they turned on..I proceeded to add my salt and water and the lights went out. I was told I need a new transformer 12V from Xing Yuan Electronics Co., I think, because the one i have now is that brand. I need help to know which one to purchase on Amazon..Im a 64 year old lady and newer to saltwater tanks and not electronic savvy whatsover..Which one should i purchase from Amazon ? The name on the back of mine is
Name: Class 2 Power Unit
Model : NO: XY24S-1202000Q-UF
Input: 100-240V~50/60H
0.5A Max
OUTPUT: 12V- 2.0A

Any help on which exact unit i should buy would be most appreciated, Leslie
Does your model have the little pin hole on the light timer’s touch pad? If so, take a straight pin/paper clip and put it in the hole I click you hear the little button inside click and hold it for about 30 seconds. It should reset the hood.

OP
OP
Lollyloves

Lollyloves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Yes, Ive reset anything and everything possible, including re-plugging everything possible in again, etc. there is now no life at the top where the buttons are..dead :-(

OP
OP
Lollyloves

Lollyloves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry I can’t be more help, but do you have the model where there is a timer built into the lid? They can be tricky, unless you have the instructions or look at the instructions up online and really program it correctly. I would hate for you to think that your lights have gone bad when it’s just the timer that kicked the LEDs off. Other than that, don’t people usually replace the whole lid when the lights go bad on the Biocube? Somebody here will know more than me. Best wishes!!

OP
OP
Lollyloves

Lollyloves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much..Im not really even sure it is the lights, some have suggested its the power supply or the "transformer"..Im looking into that.

Back