Pre quarantined fish?

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do i buy pre quarantined fish? Whats a good website? Any experience u guys can share with me with a reliable source

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine collectors is probably the most well-known, id recommend hopping on humbelfish and check out the venders there much cheaper.

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do i buy pre quarantined fish? Whats a good website? Any experience u guys can share with me with a reliable source
I would start selling pre QT fish at a 200% mark up. The reason they don't do it is because it's expensive. Well that compounded by the fact that so few people would be Interested in the service, one would likely have to start shipping. And when a fish that you just spent a month on (and possibly meds) dies in transit, you just lost a lot of dough.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start selling pre QT fish at a 200% mark up. The reason they don't do it is because it's expensive. Well that compounded by the fact that so few people would be Interested in the service, one would likely have to start shipping. And when a fish that you just spent a month on (and possibly meds) dies in transit, you just lost a lot of dough.

There are several QT fish venders and popular fish sell in seconds because demand is pretty high. They all have standard DOA guarantees that I saw and some have 14 day guarantees.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishotel
Ocean Devotion
Dr Reef
Tsm

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I can't beleive that's even a thing. There has to be a scam involved. I don't think I'd trust anyone else doing it , and I'd be doing a 30 day observation anyway.

Tlledsmar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little impressed I checked that Dr reef out and it's what I would expect. Prices are doubled, shipping is priced high enough to eat loss. Good to know I suppose if in ever in a jam and for instance need to add a certain role fish to my tank immediately for some reason.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the list I know of:

Alien Reef Aquatics
Ethical Aquatics (Canada)
FisHotel
High Tide Aquatics
Ocean Devotion
Dr Reef
TSM
Marine Collectors
TerraReef Aquaculture (corals only but they fallow them for fish disease)
I forgot about FisHotel. I was supposed to be on their mailing list, I remember getting some emails explaining the process, but then never heard anything again.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I can't beleive that's even a thing. There has to be a scam involved. I don't think I'd trust anyone else doing it , and I'd be doing a 30 day observation anyway.

They have great reviews. I bought a few pre QT fish myself and happy with them. I don't mind paying extra for a fish that has been QT and conditioned and eating well. Remember people pay $$$$$$ for a nub of coral or for corals with a fancy name.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot about FisHotel. I was supposed to be on their mailing list, I remember getting some emails explaining the process, but then never heard anything again.

It kept going to my spam forever... idk what is up with gmail but it took me a few tries to finally get it to show up. The last email was 12/28, I think there should be a new email soon and at the bottom it says the date/time that fish drop (I think it is always a Saturday afternoon). He only sends about 1 a month since that is how long it takes to QT fish.

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always been happy with TSM and their quality, unfortunately I would NEVER recommend Marine Collectors due to several extremely disappointing acquisitions.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you live in a country where you can purchase fish medications on an over-the-counter basis. The few vendors in Canada who do offer pre-quarantined fish have access to, and put their fish through, a regimen of prophylactic treatment that offers an alternative to having to dump all your fish into copper or hypo (or both) as soon as they come through the front door. It doesn't eliminate all risks, but it does reduce most of them. And, having visited Chris at Ethical Aquatics many times to pick up fish, he is most certainly not a scammer. :)

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve bought from Ocean Devotion a few times. He always has a very large list of fish quarantined ready for sale as well as a large non quarantined list of fish you can either buy or have him quarantine for you and sell to you.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back