Juv. emperor 119.99. PENDING SALE

Available:
yellow tang 4" 109.99

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sent you an email about the yellow tang. let me know what you think.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have pretty much all the snails.
Asterae
Turbo
Trochus
Nassarius
Nerite
Cerith
Margarite
fighting conch
I didn't realize you do CUC as well! Awesome! Next time I restock, I'll come to you.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I understand quarantining snails but should hermits be quarantined as well?
Best practice is that anything going in the tank should be quarantined. It's the only way to be 100% certain you're not introducing something.

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best practice is that anything going in the tank should be quarantined. It's the only way to be 100% certain you're not introducing something.
How long should hermits be quarantined for and what should I look for/ can they be treated? I learned they don’t harbor flukes or ich but if you know something more, let me know! :) I love my clown pair and the story behind them and am really attached. I would be devastated if something happened to them over a silly hermit crab.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long should hermits be quarantined for and what should I look for/ can they be treated? I learned they don’t harbor flukes or ich but if you know something more, let me know! :) I love my clown pair and the story behind them and am really attached. I would be devastated if something happened to them over a silly hermit crab.

So I quarantine inverts. Snails and crabs, hermits, conch etc.
I used to do tank transfer method but now I simply buy inverts a d bring them in. Scrub them with a toothbrush in a bucket and saltwater then into a fish less sterile tank with a little bit of sand and a few rubble rock. They stay there for 76 days before I sell them.
I have 2 separate invert tanks. I buy them in bulk. Lots of 100. And when I am halfway I fill the other system with next batch of 100.

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I quarantine inverts. Snails and crabs, hermits, conch etc.
I used to do tank transfer method but now I simply buy inverts a d bring them in. Scrub them with a toothbrush in a bucket and saltwater then into a fish less sterile tank with a little bit of sand and a few rubble rock. They stay there for 76 days before I sell them.
I have 2 separate invert tanks. I buy them in bulk. Lots of 100. And when I am halfway I fill the other system with next batch of 100.
That’s awesome to know! My fiancé and I are big fans of you by the way! We look at your site and plan our future fish from you but now that I know you do inverts I will definitely be contacting you soon! The reason I’m so attached to mine is because I spent hundreds on medications to try and save them after traveling cross state with them in a man purse groomsman gift! Haha

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Let me share a few mishap stories.
First off i have been qtying fish for over 20 year and commercially last 3 years.
In my entire 20 years i have only had 3 incidents where some fluke that were prazipro resistant made it to a clients tank.
1 incident on uronema in anthias that made it through to client as well. This is why i am not qtying chromis and anthias till i get my new system setup and try more aggressive treatment.

There have been a handful of incidents where someone emailed me after a month or 2 of buying fish from me, saying their system got ich or velvet etc. After step by step questioning, found out ALL of those clients bought either frags or rocks or sand or inverts from fellow hobbyist or LFS etc and placed it in their tank without qtying them.

So my advice to all hobbyist that qt is, Once you go quarantined fish, either from me or other sources, please make sure that you do not introduce anything into your tank without proper quarantine process. No frags, no corals, no rocks or sand and no inverts unless qted properly.

Also cross contamination. No on has ever emailed me on it but it has happened to me once. Using same net or tools from one tank to other can also cause nasty to transfer, In my case it was turkey baster i used to feed fish tanks with. Now i have separate tools for each system.

ru4serious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are these quarantined ,the thread sounds like they have been, but title says pre- quarantined

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are these quarantined ,the thread sounds like they have been, but title says pre- quarantined
Yes thats all i sell is quarantined livestock unless otherwise requested, Even then i condition them before selling, Conditioned are fish that have been treated with prazipro and metro but no copper. cheaper fish for people that dont qt or want to qt themselves but want a good head start fish at cheaper price.
PRE does throw it off, but this term is used on the web many times by people looking for already quarantined fish.

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes thats all i sell is quarantined livestock unless otherwise requested, Even then i condition them before selling, Conditioned are fish that have been treated with prazipro and metro but no copper. cheaper fish for people that dont qt or want to qt themselves but want a good head start fish at cheaper price.
PRE does throw it off, but this term is used on the web many times by people looking for already quarantined fish.
Can I contact you tonight for some hermits? I’d much rather get them and support you than anywhere else! You’ve been a huge help to so many people, me included!

Back