predatory 75 g reef tank stocking help needed

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi i will have a 75 gallon reef tank, and i want a stocking list for some predatory fish that wont eat eachother. i may want a eel, what fish could live with one. Would the eel eat a dwarf lionfish if i can put one in?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 75g is a fine tank for a small pebbletooth eel like a snowflake, skeletor, or banded. These eels don't necessarily eat fish if they are sized properly from the beginning. Dwarf and medium bodied lions would be safe with any of these eels. Dwarf and medium bodied lions can be challenging to keep long term, if you are interested you can click my name and "find all threads" to find tons of information on keeping lions. A marine betta, small tang, and dwarf angels are good additions to a predator tank of this size. Some people like to add a Canthigaster genus puffer to a tank like this; the blue spot tends to be very nippy and I would not trust with my lions, while the saddle and leopard tend to be better behaved.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back