premature death of the versa roller?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak for OP, but it was 1 of 2 things or a combination of both. 1: the much known problem with the push to connect fittings not sealing properly which Ecotech has fixed. 2: is that some tubes had a tenancy of rolling over forward [towards the plastic cover] and not properly being pinched by the rollers. that has also been addressed and fixed, with a retainer ring.

dsAf0rXl.jpg

fbzJoVVl.jpg

Either way, all the problems have been addressed and fixed. You wont regret getting these pumps.
Where the heck did you get that retaining ring?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where the heck did you get that retaining ring?

Now they are offering the retaining ring- with new pumps, or if you contact them. Unfortunate that the issue got through QC, but at least they have a solution.

zie2695

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed my retaining ring today, I hope this solves my loss of suction issue as I really dislike buying replace it tubes every 3 months.
20200819_130553.jpg
20200819_130553.jpg

Evaaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oops maybe I should look at my kamoer.....5 years of dosing ca, alk and mg. Haven't done a thing to it!
This is a very bad idea to let it go this long as they are supposed to be replaced regularly, I replace mine every 6 months. Have heard horror stories of the tubes breaking and it always happens at the worst times.

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a very bad idea to let it go this long as they are supposed to be replaced regularly, I replace mine every 6 months. Have heard horror stories of the tubes breaking and it always happens at the worst times.

I've ran my BRS 1.1ml dosers with a tube replacement every 2-3 years, never have had a problem. I dose 2-part.

Evaaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ran my BRS 1.1ml dosers with a tube replacement every 2-3 years, never have had a problem. I dose 2-part.

This is more when you are running constantly. Running on a timer for small dosing at a time does not wear the tubing out like running 24/7

Last edited:

Brisco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is more when you are running constantly. Running on a timer for small dosing at a time does not wear the hoses out like running 24/7
Well looking at mine....they need replacing. The price is minimal so picked up 3 new kits that replace the line in the heads as well as new check valves.

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For continuous use dosing saltwater or through a calcium reactor we recommend tubing replacement around four months. Two part dosing, freshwater topoff, etc will last much longer. We are constantly working to innovate and optimize the Versa.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back