• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Premium Live Rock and Substrate For Sale, Gaithersburg, MD 20878

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I haven't found a buyer for my entire system, I will be breaking it down and parting out. First, however, I need to sell the rock and substrate.

The two pieces in This Video with acro colonies are 125 for the larger piece (it's 35 or 40 lbs, real live rock) and 100 for the smaller piece (also real live rock). Note that the video and pix are at least six months old, maybe older, so the acro colonies have gotten larger and a nicer shade of blueish color.

Re the largest piece, it has some sponge growth on the underside, had some tunicates that may come back, and provides a real nice base to mount a bunch of other corals. A real centerpiece rock. Purchased from Aquatic Tech in Ohio (if I recall the name correctly) at $10/lb – some of the last real live rock you could get.

Re the smaller of the two big pieces (for 100), it, too, is real live rock, purchased from Aquatic Tech, it's really nice and porous, with lots of nooks and crannies for more life to grow into and get well anchored.

The rest is $1.25 all per pound. The largest of the remainder (just to the left of the giant piece) is also real live rock (from Aquatic Tech) and has a nice frilly mushroom of some sort in it. The smaller pieces, on the other hand, are all Walt Smith Fiji-maricultured. Some nice coralline, some nice growth popping out (e.g., what appears to be a fungia), etc.

Re the substrate, it's various sizes of Tropic Eden Reef Flakes (about 6 or 7 bags went in.....). $60 takes it all. Note that I have not fed the tank in a year! I run lights, which supports the micro algae, which supports the pod/microcritter population, which keeps the hawkfish and the gobie I have in there -- the only two fish left -- very fat and very happy. So you would be getting a real nice batch of very beneficial organisms with this substrate.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: MASKS ARE REQUIRED IF YOU COME TO LOOK/BUY. THANK YOU

Large rock acro 1.jpg large rock acro 2.jpg large rock acro 3.jpg smaller rock acro 1.jpg smaller rock acro 2.jpg

OP
OP
Kengar

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much rock do you have total in that tank and how much total if I were to take all of the rock?
In terms of pounds, I don't know. The big one for $125 is 35-40, the next two are maybe 10 # apiece, and then there is maybe 17 of the smaller pieces, which may be about 3 or 4 lbs apiece. Re taking it all, sure. I had it posted previously for all, so let me see what I had that listed for and work from there. Send me direct contact info via private message (email and/or text number) and we can discuss.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back