Prepared foods for a Bi-Color Blenny

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So one of the fish that I have in quarantine right now is a bicolor blenny. He's been in the tank for a few days now. He has lunged at PE mysis (which is what everything else is eating) but didn't actually eat any. He hasn't eaten anything I've tried. I've tried garlic-soaked seaweed on a clip each day that he's been in there, spirulina flakes, and sinking herbivore pellets. None of them have enticed him to eat.

Does anyone have any idea as to what I should try? He's a juvenile, so I don't expect him to eat large quantities...just something.

OP
OP
wesman42

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pe mysis may be too big, did you try brine

I have not! I do have some spirulina brine I could give them a whirl.

Mine is very picky with frozen food though he eats some tiny pieces of it. He likes flakes.

Which flake food do you find that he likes the best? I suppose it could be a good starting point for me.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flakes. A few times a week I put some in with the defrosting frozen stuff and the Selcon.

OP
OP
wesman42

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flakes. A few times a week I put some in with the defrosting frozen stuff and the Selcon.
Those reef flakes did it!! He went for those first, now he's eating nori and even mysis. Crazy, almost like a gateway to other foods for him lol.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back