Pretty excited I just picked up a Trident!

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I took advantage of the Neptune sale and bought a Trident. Pretty excited for it to get here. Eventually I plan on hooking up with my Dos but for now I just want to get this hooked up to automate my testing. I have read a lot of negative reviews. I hope I don’t get a lemon. I know how discouraging it can be to spend that money and it doesn’t work like it should. So far knock on wood all of my Neptune products have been flawless. Hoping this does the same.
Any pointers anybody here has will be appreciated. TYIA

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read my detailed post about my Trident hands-on experience:

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow setup instructions exactly! You will be temped to calibrate but wait a week or so before doing Per the instructions.

Mine has been setup for 2 months and absolutely love it. My Trident has taken control of my dosing 2 part.

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I have been reading all day and watching videos. I will definitely check this out! You are the resident expert and have given me good advice on the past. Just want to make sure this works for me without any issues.

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m really hoping to integrate with my Dos to make it that much more fool proof. Not to mention the control ability it gives me if I’m not around

Falconer298

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine too! I don’t have any corals, my new tank just cycled so it will be awhile before I even install it. Been out of the hobby for about 15 years and having this aspect automated will be very nice. I travel a lot and stop at all the LFS I can and over the last several months been asking anyone I could what their experience was with the Trident. It was way more positive than negative!

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna end up doing the minimum amount of testing it allows. I hope it’s true to its claim about 2 months. I’ve read people say it’s not even close to 2 months but I’m assuming they have it set to test more and didn’t realize.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been happy with mine, but just watch out for drift when the reagents go past 30 days and your on the second bottle of Reagent A. You might be tempted to back off on the Dosing because the Ca seems to be increasing slowly. Do a manual test before making any changes. Some people don't have this issue and others do.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back