Pretty Sure its Lymph?

Mr. Hyde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a Queen Angelfish and she appears to have Lymph from what I can tell. It was only on her right fin but now has it on her pelvic fin and her tail fin. Nothing on her body. I've never dealt with Lymph before. I am dosing copper in the tank currently because I had an ich outbreak. It is a dedicated FOWLR tank and I have been using cupramine, levels have been at therapeutic for almost 2 weeks now and I have not seen any ich in over a week. My main question is: does lymph cause fin damage? Because the fish's fins look almost like fin rot on the tail fin and pectoral fins. From my research there isn't really anything that I can do for the lymph other then make sure she's fed well with vitamins and the water quality is on par. My current parameters are as follows (all using Red Sea testing): NO2 - 0, NO3 - 0, PO4 - 0.06, Salinity - 1.023, NH4 - 0, Temp - 78, pH - 8.2. I does Kanaplex via broadcast in the tank every two days for six days as the instructions stated. Going to start dosing in the food if need be with Focus incase it's a bacterial infection. No other fish show any sign of this illness and are all eating well. The queen eats like a champ, begs for food when it's feeding time, is very active and doesn't seem to have labored breathing. I've only had her for a week and a half but I don't want to loose her either. For tank mates there are: 6 Blue/Green Chromis, 1 yellow dwarf angel, 1 Orchid Dottyback, 1 Phantom Clown, 1 Diamond Goby. There has been no aggression from any of the fish at all and they all seem to cohabitate very well. I have attached some pictures of the issue. She's not very photogenic so they are the best I could get lol. But if you guys have any thoughts or recommendations on how to treat this I would greatly appreciate it.

20210928_111515.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I recently got a Queen Angelfish and she appears to have Lymph from what I can tell. It was only on her right fin but now has it on her pelvic fin and her tail fin. Nothing on her body. I've never dealt with Lymph before. I am dosing copper in the tank currently because I had an ich outbreak. It is a dedicated FOWLR tank and I have been using cupramine, levels have been at therapeutic for almost 2 weeks now and I have not seen any ich in over a week. My main question is: does lymph cause fin damage? Because the fish's fins look almost like fin rot on the tail fin and pectoral fins. From my research there isn't really anything that I can do for the lymph other then make sure she's fed well with vitamins and the water quality is on par. My current parameters are as follows (all using Red Sea testing): NO2 - 0, NO3 - 0, PO4 - 0.06, Salinity - 1.023, NH4 - 0, Temp - 78, pH - 8.2. I does Kanaplex via broadcast in the tank every two days for six days as the instructions stated. Going to start dosing in the food if need be with Focus incase it's a bacterial infection. No other fish show any sign of this illness and are all eating well. The queen eats like a champ, begs for food when it's feeding time, is very active and doesn't seem to have labored breathing. I've only had her for a week and a half but I don't want to loose her either. For tank mates there are: 6 Blue/Green Chromis, 1 yellow dwarf angel, 1 Orchid Dottyback, 1 Phantom Clown, 1 Diamond Goby. There has been no aggression from any of the fish at all and they all seem to cohabitate very well. I have attached some pictures of the issue. She's not very photogenic so they are the best I could get lol. But if you guys have any thoughts or recommendations on how to treat this I would greatly appreciate it.

20210928_111515.jpg
Based on the type of fish, likely lymphocystis
No treatment out there and requires GOOD Water quality and diet
Feed:
LRS herbivore diet
Hikari marine cuisine
Hikari angel formula
Sponge
Mysis shrimp
Plankton

also add selcon vitamins and garlic extract to the foods for stamina and immunity health

OP
OP
M

Mr. Hyde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the type of fish, likely lymphocystis
No treatment out there and requires GOOD Water quality and diet
Feed:
LRS herbivore diet
Hikari marine cuisine
Hikari angel formula
Sponge
Mysis shrimp
Plankton

also add selcon vitamins and garlic extract to the foods for stamina and immunity health
I feed: Hikari Angel/Butterfly Formula, either Hikari or PE Mysis, and Seachem Marine Flakes with prebiotics. I have been soaking in either Vitality or Zoe for vitamin enhancement. She flashes once in awhile but not often.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I feed: Hikari Angel/Butterfly Formula, either Hikari or PE Mysis, and Seachem Marine Flakes with prebiotics. I have been soaking in either Vitality or Zoe for vitamin enhancement. She flashes once in awhile but not often.
Yes- add to diet- not enough protein, fatty acids or aminos for type of fish

OP
OP
M

Mr. Hyde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a freshwater dip because I read it might be flukes. I used a clean dark bucket, RODI water, got the temp to 78 and the pH to 8.0 and dipped her for 5 minutes. She did really well during the dip and I saw several flukes pop off of her in the bucket. After the dip I put her back in the DT and she was eating and swimming again very shortly. But now her right eye is very cloudy and have this membrane looking stuff coming off of it. She is also very cloudy on her whole right side and the lymph looking nodes are still on her right fin. I figured she probably had flukes and lymph but idk. I'm thinking of treating the tank with Prazi now? Any idea of what the cloudiness might be? I'm concerned about her eye. She is still eating like a champ.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back