Price on a Red Sea Reefer 350 Deluxe

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on the market. Most people are buying up hydras and radions. I usually see them for sale 30% off retail. More people seem to go for the big and popular over the Atlantiks
There’s a new version of AI came out, the old ones are cheaper now even brand new.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 2 cents for what ever it worth....

perceived value is such a interesting concept to me we pay top dollar for aquarium goods and ppl look at us like you paid how much for that!?

anyway back to topic...I would go take a look at the tank look for:

stand issues - did it get wet i believe the 350 is MDF please correct me if I am wrong . any separating at seems?

tank issues: scratches? hows the silicone seems and dings chips or anything else to note?

gear: How old is the mp10? RT pump, skimmer etc.

live stock: think long and hard on this one. do you like and want to keep the stuff in the tank? if not can you sale it or trade it at a LFS? is it healthy? are the corals what you want?

I like the AI 26's personally I would not upgrade.

also note the RS has the new wood stands coming out for the 200-300 tanks not 100% sure witch models I think its the 250 & 350 might want to pause and take a look at that to price it out.

and the question I like to ask is why is he/she sailing it?

all that said i would pay 1500 for that set up. he prob. could get more parting it out but the easy of a one sale is worth a few hundred IMHO.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea is overrated so does some of those “high end” equipments. OP, let us know how much you ended up paying or whatever. Post some updates! I would grab it if that’s local to me.

OP
OP
AZ_Reef

AZ_Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I offered $1600 to the seller and waiting to hear back from him. Haha I have a feeling he is not going to take it. He is difficult to communicate with. I asked him if I can take a look at the tank first before I made an offer (I live 15 min from his town) but he rejected it.

ZaneGreay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 100% agree I would give **** without seeing it up and running for all you know this is right after setting up and now it's filled with apptasia, ich and he has used copper or some other bs in it.

Marlon C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably pay 1100 max...If the chemicals supplied are good quality than maybe 1200. Depending on what you plan to keep corals wise those lights may need to be upgraded(no real value). Vortech Mp 10 great little pump but will probably need something with a little more power if you plan to keep sticks(some value but not enough to pay 1900). Bio reactor depends if you wanna run bio pellets or not(value unknown). Skimmer depending on what its rated for is great(good value). Chiller really depends on how hot your house usually is and how efficient your tank is with managing heat. Honestly probably don't even need the chiller(Low Value). Fish and coral I am not sure what he has so I cannot put a value. I am looking at some of the coral and from what it looks like I will give it a value of 200-300$. Remember you do not know the health of these fish...has he been fighting with ick or some other parasite? Sump (comes with a deluxe so Good Value) Live rock good or bad deal depending on if he had high nitrates or phosphates at one point that are still leaching out from the rocks (value could be good or bad). Hope this helps as this is how I would talk him down in price. In my opinion this is not worth 1900$ and at max 1300 is what I would pay and that would highly depend on the fish/coral/chemicals included.

Dang talk about low ball. Dont understand how you price the rocks if they have no3 or po4. They are valued less . Man get outta here with that non sense. Rocks at lfs go for 6.99 pp min and who knows what nutrients are in them. The lights little value? Yeah they aren't the best but can light up the tank and keep coral going. How do you value the coral at 200? Fighting ich or some parasite? Yeah maybe but if the fish are healthy and eating that's more then you can say for getting a fish from an LFS. I agree 2k sounds like alot and is but 1k for a full running system that's can potentially be plug and play is crazy. But to each their own

OP
OP
AZ_Reef

AZ_Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 100% agree I would give **** without seeing it up and running for all you know this is right after setting up and now it's filled with apptasia, ich and he has used copper or some other crap in it.
Agree, I wouldn’t pay him a penny until I see the tank up and running.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I offered $1600 to the seller and waiting to hear back from him. Haha I have a feeling he is not going to take it. He is difficult to communicate with. I asked him if I can take a look at the tank first before I made an offer (I live 15 min from his town) but he rejected it.
Wait what? Yeah there are people like that and weird.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back