Price on a Red Sea Reefer 350 Deluxe

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he lives only 15mjns, it wouldn’t be a scam some people just weird. That’s it
I’m saying why can’t he see the tank before he buys it? Would you pay for a used car you couldn’t check out first? That’s a lot of cash to drop on something you haven’t looked over. It’s sketchy.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang talk about low ball. Dont understand how you price the rocks if they have no3 or po4. They are valued less . Man get outta here with that non sense. Rocks at lfs go for 6.99 pp min and who knows what nutrients are in them. The lights little value? Yeah they aren't the best but can light up the tank and keep coral going. How do you value the coral at 200? Fighting ich or some parasite? Yeah maybe but if the fish are healthy and eating that's more then you can say for getting a fish from an LFS. I agree 2k sounds like alot and is but 1k for a full running system that's can potentially be plug and play is crazy. But to each their own
Hello, so this was a way for me to explain how much I would pay for as well as the value of the stuff included in my OPINION. Rock can house and release No3 and PO4, creating a headache. Buying a used tank you are not sure how well the system was taken care of. If I am buying a true plug and play system I prefer not to have to dose something to keep nutrients at an acceptable range. I understand when you buy LR from a LFS you don't know what your getting but usually when introducing this much rock I personally wouldn't have livestock going in the same month. I didn't say the corals would not grow under these lights, I said that the lights would need upgrading if he chose to do SPS. I probably should have clarified and said harder SPS like horridas, some millis and other acros. Without seeing the health of the fish/system in person (apparently he was rejected the opportunity to do so) I change the value of everything to what I feel is acceptable. He also doesn't know the shape of the tank itself(seams, scratches, etc). Again this is the way I would have made my offer. Happy reefing :)

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update - seller didn’t response to my offer ($1,600). I was think at lease yes/no/counteroffer.

well keep us posted I am curious how this plays out for you and some what invested in you NOT getting taken for a ride.
might be the best if he will not let you look at it and go over with a fine comb chances are there are some issues. maybe big maybe small who knows.

in the mean time here are some tanks for you to check out. some of the lesser known brads but worth a look IMHO.

SCA I had there 90 gal 36x24x24 12mm glass great tank. but IMHO get it drilled for ext overflows:
http://www.scaquariums.com/category-s/100.htm

Fiji cube. I have there peninsula nano and would conciser a 81-140+gallon from them. FYI they are having a nice sale this week too!
check it out: https://www.fijicube.com/collections/deal-of-the-week

pro clear pretty new to the seen I speculate they are all made in the same factory in china as WB and RS. but I dont know for sure just a guess. there are a few people on here that have build threads going. great price point.
https://www.liveaquaria.com/categor...+3830&r=3951&s=ts&start=1&page_num=1&count=24
you can get a 110 rimless with stand shipped to your door for $1300

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably just forget about it then, guy sounds like an *** and it just seems sketchy.
I wouldn’t pay more than $1600 unless if you a click away to buy an exact same tank brand new in retail price. See, to me I won’t buy anything unless it’s a super deal. Of course, unless I really want it.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well keep us posted I am curious how this plays out for you and some what invested in you NOT getting taken for a ride.
might be the best if he will not let you look at it and go over with a fine comb chances are there are some issues. maybe big maybe small who knows.

in the mean time here are some tanks for you to check out. some of the lesser known brads but worth a look IMHO.

SCA I had there 90 gal 36x24x24 12mm glass great tank. but IMHO get it drilled for ext overflows:
http://www.scaquariums.com/category-s/100.htm

Fiji cube. I have there peninsula nano and would conciser a 81-140+gallon from them. FYI they are having a nice sale this week too!
check it out: https://www.fijicube.com/collections/deal-of-the-week

pro clear pretty new to the seen I speculate they are all made in the same factory in china as WB and RS. but I dont know for sure just a guess. there are a few people on here that have build threads going. great price point.
https://www.liveaquaria.com/categor...+3830&r=3951&s=ts&start=1&page_num=1&count=24
you can get a 110 rimless with stand shipped to your door for $1300

looks like that Prostar is keeping SCA and other companies in check from now on as long as price wise. I like companies like that. Wish they make 40-60 cube,when it’s on sale. I would scoop one up. The

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the processing of a new reefer 350 build. My cost so far:

Tank and white stand 1750
(2) XR-15 lights 750
Light mounts 150
(2) used MP40WQD 500
Vortech S2 pump 250
Skimmer 200
Heater/controller 90
Sand 100
Rock 100
Eventual live rock 400

So that’s about 4400. Seems like the asking price was a decent deal from my perspective. I was on the lookout for a used system within range and one never came up at something below 2k with lights.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the processing of a new reefer 350 build. My cost so far:

Tank and white stand 1750
(2) XR-15 lights 750
Light mounts 150
(2) used MP40WQD 500
Vortech S2 pump 250
Skimmer 200
Heater/controller 90
Sand 100
Rock 100
Eventual live rock 400

So that’s about 4400. Seems like the asking price was a decent deal from my perspective. I was on the lookout for a used system within range and one never came up at something below 2k with lights.
I am pretty sure it costs a lot when you’re start building them especially your equipments are mostly new. Sure $1900 is fair, but personally I wouldn’t and I bet there are lots of people are on my side.

Marlon C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man if your looking to spend 1800 look at the innovative marine int 113 much nicer tank then the rs

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank could also have been bought used and he’s reselling... sure there are better options than Red Sea. I can come up with quite a few better options. But let’s keep in mind he is getting a COMPLETE setup for $1,600. A new tank that size is typically around $1,500-$4,000 for just the tank and some have the stand. He would still have to buy LR, sand, livestock, sump, return, skimmer, powerheads, and lights. $1,600 is a good deal. But I still don’t like the buy before you see concept...

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank could also have been bought used and he’s reselling... sure there are better options than Red Sea. I can come up with quite a few better options. But let’s keep in mind he is getting a COMPLETE setup for $1,600. A new tank that size is typically around $1,500-$4,000 for just the tank and some have the stand. He would still have to buy LR, sand, livestock, sump, return, skimmer, powerheads, and lights. $1,600 is a good deal. But I still don’t like the buy before you see concept...
Buyer can always agreed the deal, but upon seeing the tank if there scratches that was never told, I think it’s fair for the buyer to refuse purchase or renegotiate the price.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back