Price on a Red Sea Reefer 350 Deluxe

OP
Qibinzhang1989

Qibinzhang1989

View Badges
Reaction score
We agreed on $1,700 and I am going to see the tank tonight. If there is nothing wrong with it, I'll pick it up next weekend as I need to prepare for it. Any advises on transporting the fish and corals? I live in the North so it's very cold outside and I have to drive 1.5 hours. I am think to put corals in a large container or multiple containers and wrap the container with hand warmer and keep the car temperature at high all time. Same for the fish but with Dr. Tim's stress relief. Can I put Dr. Tim's stress relief in the container for corals?

Fishingandreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
We agreed on $1,700 and I am going to see the tank tonight. If there is nothing wrong with it, I'll pick it up next weekend as I need to prepare for it. Any advises on transporting the fish and corals? I live in the North so it's very cold outside and I have to drive 1.5 hours. I am think to put corals in a large container or multiple containers and wrap the container with hand warmer and keep the car temperature at high all time. Same for the fish but with Dr. Tim's stress relief. Can I put Dr. Tim's stress relief in the container for corals?
Sounds like a deal! I will leave other pro tank transporters to answer your question. My biggest concern is not to get the tank chipped or scratched, so bring plenty of towel or whatever to protect it.

45ZoaGarden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have a truck or trailer? I always transported large amounts of fish/corals in a 40g brute with a heater, bubbler and small powerhead to circulate the water. As for live rock, I’ve just transported them in normal plastic totes with the tank water.

ZaneGreay

View Badges
Reaction score
I would get battery powered bubblers for everything and when I bought my new house I used Menards 27g black totes fill 1/2 with tank water and 1/4 new water because they will need a major water change after transportation. And then they tank just wrap with towels or moving blankets if you have real ones. I would bring a little uhaul tow behind just to make sure you can carry everything comfortable and won't risk dumping water every and possibly damaging the interior of your vehicle. I Moved monsters to Ohio fish rescue and that's what we did to get them there

OP
Qibinzhang1989

Qibinzhang1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds like a deal! I will leave other pro tank transporters to answer your question. My biggest concern is not to get the tank chipped or scratched, so bring plenty of towel or whatever to protect it.
I bought 170 ft of bubble wrap to protect the tank and stand.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
Qibinzhang1989

Qibinzhang1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have a truck or trailer? I always transported large amounts of fish/corals in a 40g brute with a heater, bubbler and small powerhead to circulate the water. As for live rock, I’ve just transported them in normal plastic totes with the tank water.
How did you connect the heater and powerhead to the car?
I have a minivan and planning to rent a trailer from U-Haul for the tank and stand.

Dilan Patel

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Personally I feel like that goby may be on the thinner side. But kind of hard to tell with the dirty glass. Corals look healthy. Remember to wear protective gear if handline zoas/palys as some have palytoxins...which are not fun. How did the tanks glass in terms of scratches look.

OP
Qibinzhang1989

Qibinzhang1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Personally I feel like that goby may be on the thinner side. But kind of hard to tell with the dirty glass. Corals look healthy. Remember to wear protective gear if handline zoas/palys as some have palytoxins...which are not fun. How did the tanks glass in terms of scratches look.
I didn’t see any scratches on the tank. Thanks for the advise. I forgot about the gloves. Haha

https://www.omegasea.net/
OP
Qibinzhang1989

Qibinzhang1989

View Badges
Reaction score
The seller said fish only like frozen algae and vitamin and doesn’t feed corals.

Last edited:

Is it HARD or EASY for you to keep your corals colorful? (check all that apply)

• SPS Hard

Votes: 413 60.7%
  • SPS Easy

Votes: 164 24.1%
  • LPS Hard

Votes: 117 17.2%
  • LPS Easy

Votes: 449 66.0%
  • Zoas Hard

Votes: 71 10.4%
  • Zoas Easy

Votes: 452 66.5%