• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Pricing advice - custom super tall tank 52in tall. Unique

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im flirting with the idea of moving to a new home this spring and am hesitant on what to do with my tank. I REALLY dont want to get out of the hobby and feel the best way to make sure i stay is to keep a few key items such as my apex and a couple of toys.

This tank was custom built, is approx 52in tall, 24in wide, and 12in front to back. These are rough as i havent measured recently. Build out of non tempered 1/2in glass. 1.5in overflow drilled in bottom, .5in return line drilled in back, .5in return line for sandfall drilled in bottom, and a 1in emergency overflow drilled in back. ZERO cracks, chips, or scratches.

Insert was hand made with multiple shelves, a perfectly working 'sandfall', 7 molded caves, and actually doubles as the overflow. (Emergency overflow drilled through the back glass)
Custom sump built to be smaller than the tank and not protrude too far into the room. 11in wide, 36in long, 16in tall. Stand built to perfectly match tank dimentions.

INCLUDED:
I plan to keep some hardware to make sure i get back in the hobby, but will include critical life support and a few creature comforts such as below.
Jabao Return pump (also powers sandfall)
Vertex Omega 150 Protien skimmer
1 ecotech MP40WQD
1 ecotech MP10WQD
Kessil A360NE
Tank/sump.
6 filter socks.
Approx 20lbs live rock
All required plumbing, check/gate valves, etc etc.
pair of clowns. Bangai cardinal. Royal gamma. Firefish. Handful of SPS LPS Shrooms etc. Crabs hermits snails etc.

Tank has been up and running for 14 months and is officially highly stable. Had the notorious algea outbreaks early on, but have been clean for a long time. Happy to share all Apex recorded readings, pics, etc. The narrow kessil light is insane and i run at a erage of 40% peaking out for an hour at 55%. Even with that i need to start all corals at the bottom shelf and move up from there. Always filled with RODI and ATO system in place.

Again, hate to see this awesome conversation starter go, but i need to be open to moving if things line up. Let me know what you think its worth. No offense either way, i understand custom is expensive, but also hard to predict resale!!

Tank just over 50 gal. Total system approx 70ish.

20200108_191823.jpg
20191028_185224.jpg

OP
OP
Passedyouby

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a pic with the front panel off. Pardon the mess. Took this a few days ago while swaping one of my ecotech pumps and hadnt remounted prior to the pic.
20200124_174429.jpg

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im flirting with the idea of moving to a new home this spring and am hesitant on what to do with my tank. I REALLY dont want to get out of the hobby and feel the best way to make sure i stay is to keep a few key items such as my apex and a couple of toys.

This tank was custom built, is approx 52in tall, 24in wide, and 12in front to back. These are rough as i havent measured recently. Build out of non tempered 1/2in glass. 1.5in overflow drilled in bottom, .5in return line drilled in back, .5in return line for sandfall drilled in bottom, and a 1in emergency overflow drilled in back. ZERO cracks, chips, or scratches.

Insert was hand made with multiple shelves, a perfectly working 'sandfall', 7 molded caves, and actually doubles as the overflow. (Emergency overflow drilled through the back glass)
Custom sump built to be smaller than the tank and not protrude too far into the room. 11in wide, 36in long, 16in tall. Stand built to perfectly match tank dimentions.

INCLUDED:
I plan to keep some hardware to make sure i get back in the hobby, but will include critical life support and a few creature comforts such as below.
Jabao Return pump (also powers sandfall)
Vertex Omega 150 Protien skimmer
1 ecotech MP40WQD
1 ecotech MP10WQD
Kessil A360NE
Tank/sump.
6 filter socks.
Approx 20lbs live rock
All required plumbing, check/gate valves, etc etc.
pair of clowns. Bangai cardinal. Royal gamma. Firefish. Handful of SPS LPS Shrooms etc. Crabs hermits snails etc.

Tank has been up and running for 14 months and is officially highly stable. Had the notorious algea outbreaks early on, but have been clean for a long time. Happy to share all Apex recorded readings, pics, etc. The narrow kessil light is insane and i run at a erage of 40% peaking out for an hour at 55%. Even with that i need to start all corals at the bottom shelf and move up from there. Always filled with RODI and ATO system in place.

Again, hate to see this awesome conversation starter go, but i need to be open to moving if things line up. Let me know what you think its worth. No offense either way, i understand custom is expensive, but also hard to predict resale!!

Tank just over 50 gal. Total system approx 70ish.

20200108_191823.jpg
20191028_185224.jpg
How do you clean the bottom?

OP
OP
Passedyouby

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ive chosen livestock around the cleanup crew. Diamond goby helps a ton. I also keep 2 ecotech pumps low, near bottom shelf. Most material/debris never makes it to the sand, a d 2ce a day the wavemakers increase flow for 5 minutes to stir it back into the water column. Was messy for a couple of weeks until the finer sediment went away, now its very clean

OP
OP
Passedyouby

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In fact i havent had a diamond in here for 2 months and the sand is still that white. I removed the matching hood and the poor guy jumped out! New goby in quarantine.

OP
OP
Passedyouby

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry for the low quality. Uploaded in 1080p, youtube is only showing the 480p version for now.

Let me know thoughts on a valuation. And if there is demand for something like this. If youre more comfortable sending a DM opinion thats fine by me as well!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back