• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Pricing help on large Walt Disney colony

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tearing down my tank, and am curious what would be a fair price to list my Walt Disney colony at? It's about 7" x 4". I've had it for a few years, but am working on selling off my coral and breaking my tank down. Very mixed feeling about it, but need to take a break from the hobby.

Also any advice on how to best move it would be appreciated as well. I've shipped frags before, but never a colony. Not sure if there are other special considerations for that, or if it might be worth me just taking it to a LFS and seeing what they'd offer.

TIA!

PXL_20211212_021226481.jpg PXL_20220317_232931372.jpg

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the best bet would be to sell the colony locally or break it up into mini colonies. Seems to be when you ship the big boys they drain Alk and Calcium from the bag they're in and don't make it healthy to the end destination.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that I would try to sell that locally. List it on R2R and maybe someone near you will want it. I’d say $400-500 would be a fair price.

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d think at least over $1k for a colony that size but going to be tough to find a local buyer depending where you are

sunshinesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tearing down my tank, and am curious what would be a fair price to list my Walt Disney colony at? It's about 7" x 4". I've had it for a few years, but am working on selling off my coral and breaking my tank down. Very mixed feeling about it, but need to take a break from the hobby.

Also any advice on how to best move it would be appreciated as well. I've shipped frags before, but never a colony. Not sure if there are other special considerations for that, or if it might be worth me just taking it to a LFS and seeing what they'd offer.

TIA!

PXL_20211212_021226481.jpg PXL_20220317_232931372.jpg
Very nice, still have it?

OP
OP
R

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't been on R2R in a bit, but just wanted to update for the sake of other's referance...I originally listed it for 1,200, but ended up selling for half that due to having difficulty finding the right buyer locally. Through breaking down my nearly decade old tank, I've found there is little market for large colonies and that they should be worth is greatly reduced due to very limited buyers. It's taken me a good 5 months to sell off my coral and a good start on the equipment. Never thought it would be so hard to get out of the hobby without just giving it all away.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back