Prime 16 HD Won’t Turn On

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 16 HD primes over my tank. They are plugged into a single power strip. My power head is also on the same power strip.

I had the power head unplugged for a water change. Plugged it back in and both lights went out. Turned the power strip off and back on and only one light turned back on. Indicator light on the light that is off is completely off.

All the troubleshooting I’ve found starts with the indicator light state but I haven’t seen any instructions if it is off. The power head and second light are working fine.

Both lights are around 6-7 months old.

How can I troubleshoot this?

E1C74764-96EC-4654-953A-FB6E8351925B.jpeg

Fishyjoey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 16 HD primes over my tank. They are plugged into a single power strip. My power head is also on the same power strip.

I had the power head unplugged for a water change. Plugged it back in and both lights went out. Turned the power strip off and back on and only one light turned back on. Indicator light on the light that is off is completely off.

All the troubleshooting I’ve found starts with the indicator light state but I haven’t seen any instructions if it is off. The power head and second light are working fine.

Both lights are around 6-7 months old.

How can I troubleshoot this?

E1C74764-96EC-4654-953A-FB6E8351925B.jpeg
I suggest your power supply may have failed. Try switching it with the working light.

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the power supply failing and I would do as said above and switch power supply and see is that is the reason.

ghosty1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power supply failed or maybe a part on your PCB came un-soldered, I have had both happen. Both are an easy fix!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back