PRIVATE WFVRC Forum

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just so you know, I can also add you a Private sub forum under this forum that will only be accessible to approved members. The club officers or whoever would have the ability to grant new members to be able to view the forum. A private forum is good to advertise directions, emails, phone numbers, and official club business with no fear of someone on the net getting your info. Only approved members and R2R mods could see the forum. Also I can grant officers moderator rights for your forum to be able to sticky threads, close threads, etc..

If you want a private forum then shoot me a PM. We have a couple other clubs using a private forum right now.

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that would be awesome if we could get some more of our members over. I personally don't want officers but a little more structure would be nice. This may be just what we were looking for. I will wait for others to chime in on this but it does sound nice!

Eric

PrisonCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we've been down the official group path plenty already, but replace 'officers' with 'administrative volunteers' and I think it would be helpful for posting some stuff.

There is an appeal to a public forum as well though. The private forum would be an additional forum to this one, correct?
[edit] Nevermind, you said sub-forum. [/edit]

Last edited:

siropa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be a great idea for organizing meets and stuff. I hate putting out too much personal info for stuff like that and end up having to deal with a pile of PMs.

I too like the term 'administrative volunteers' because we don't want to open up that pandoras box of official group stuff again.

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think thas is a great idea as well!!! especially for setting up meetings and such

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's your club so whatever you guys want to do is fine with me. Also this private forum would be in addition to this forum. This is just to protect private data really. Our club uses this and we can post our numbers and address on the private forum without fear of someone getting our info.

jlinzmaier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds to me like having a sub-forum would enter the same muddy water that the foramlization discussion ran into. Who would determine who is allowed into the sub-forum and who isn't??

Jeremy

condiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know on another forum that I belong to is that anyone who is signed on the member list has access to that forum. It is mainly there to keep certain items private not for common club postings I hope that makes sence

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the private forum would be good to setup for us for our meetings and share more personal information. However, for now I would say don't nominate anyone as a moderator for the club. By doing that could you do like daily or so updates to allow people into the Private area? I think maybe those whom wish to join the club should have access to the private section. We already have a group sign up in the works!

Eric

condiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think as for modding it I think for right now I think that a Forum moderator should keep and eye on it

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back