Problem with my Sicce silent 2.0 Nuvo Fusion 40

Nashvegas37128

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like most of us I made the switch to a Sicce 2.0 instead of using the stock mighty jet in my fusion 40. Problem is I can’t get it out for the life of me to clean I know that it needs to be cleaned but I just can’t get the right angle to pull it out I scoured YouTube for a removal video and can’t find anything. The pump is a great pump but it has started to where it doesn’t want to come on instantly after the water change (probably a propeller needs to be cleaned). Any insight would be awesome!

Thanks!

OP
OP
Nashvegas37128

Nashvegas37128

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could get a picture of it but, I think I need to get the hosing off first. I just can’t lift it out. It’s too tight of a space. Should it just slip right out? Maybe I put it in wrong?

AsraeaMitsane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to remove the tubing from the outlets and move my ATO before I can get my pumps out of my fusion to clean. I am fortunate that I have pretty small hands, I can imagine anyone with bigger hands having a tough time grabbing stuff back there-

Once I detach the tubing I can lift mine out but I have them with the intakes pointed outward if that makes sense, not pointing at each other.

OP
OP
Nashvegas37128

Nashvegas37128

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got it out. I had the fitting in wayyy too tight. I basically had to take the pump apart in the chamber and pull it out. I was super worried because once I started taking the pump apart, it was get it out or the tank was done. This time when I screwed the fitting back into the pump, I only finger tightened it. Some threads are still showing but maintenance will be a lot easier.
Thanks all for the help!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back