Status
Not open for further replies.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After much discussion, among staff members, and after taking considerable time, to edit posts and thread titles, we've decided to make an announcement, regarding the use of Masked Vulgarity. This is directed at ALL MEMBERS.

In case you're unaware of what "Masked Vulgarity" is, it's the use of keyboard symbols, in place of actual vulgarity. It's generally used as a way to get by the Vulgarity filter, on forums. To be honest, we all know what Masked Vulgarity is. I didn't think it needed to be said, but I suppose it does...this is a "Family Oriented" forum. All members need to keep that in mind, when they're posting. The Masked Vulgarity needs to stop.

Staff members do not have time to "police" every thread that's made, nor should we need to. From here on out, when Masked Vulgarity is encountered, we will not take the time to edit it. Instead, we will DELETE the thread or post, completely. We will also issue a warning. This warning will come in the form of an infraction. The reason for an infraction is so staff members have a record of what has occurred. Continued use of Masked Vulgarity, by someone who's received a warning, may result in a temporary loss of posting privileges. Further violations may result in the member being banned.

We staff members do not want to have to enforce this. There's no reason for mature people to need to use Masked Vulgarity, on a family oriented website. Let's all keep R2R family friendly and clean.

Thank you all, Very Much, for your cooperation!!

OP
OP
returnofsid

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start by saying, from all staff members, THANK YOU! We've noticed a HUGE reduction in the use of Masked Vulgarity and that is appreciated!

Since it's been almost a month, since this announcement was made, enough time for members to familiarize themselves with this policy, we're going to start enforcing this, as outlined above.

We will delete offending posts, without warning and issue an infraction. Please keep in mind, Infractions are not permanent, nor will initial infractions reduce anyone's abilities on the forums. An infraction is just a way to inform a member of an issue and a way for staff members to track the enforcement of this policy.

Thank you all for your understand and cooperation. In case anyone is unclear, I'll reiterate...

Swear words are not allowed on our family friendly site. We have a "swear filter" that automatically replaces swear words with Asterisks. We have had issues with posts including Masked Vulgarity, as a way around the filter. We've also had issues posts that include swearing that the filter does catch. There's absolutely no need for this and it will not be tolerated.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is a reminder about our family-friendly policy to keep REEF2REEF clean for members of all ages. Please note the above rule as we're seeing an increase of vulgarity/profanity. Posts that fail to abide by this rule will be deleted, and the member who breaks the rule will be issued a warning.

If you are not already familiar with the R2R site terms and rules, please take a moment to read them here. Thanks!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump! We're noticing an increase in profanity/vulgarity being used on the forums. Please keep it clean. See the above rule and contact a mod if you have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back