ProfiLux and monitoring Alkalinity and other things ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matthias,

I was wondering to gain monitoring control for Alk/Ca for the Profilux 3, I assume all that will be needed is a firmware upgrade and purchasing the corresponding expansion card correct? or do you have a small expansion box/module planned. Thanks! Ryan

Hi all was wondering about this too , I'm thinking about getting an expansion box with a couple cards , so I'd like to know if and how many slots I should leave open for the Alk/Ca ?

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt anyone from the GHL team can speak any further until an official announcement... Prototypes are not in the limelight as they used to be.

Last edited:

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt anyone from the GHL team can speak any further until an official announcement... Prototypes are not in the limelight as they used to be.

:rolleyes: Thats some real TOP SECRET S%#T right there man , so ill go ahead and order the box and only two cards then !:)

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on getting an Apex in a few months after I get my tank up and running. Since I've decided on a GHL doser I am kind of hoping this CA/Alk is for real. On there statement that "did not feel it would excite people is definately a Lie". CA and ALK are the 2 most important parameters that reefers hate to monitors and if we automate this its a game-changer. Therefore, I'll believe it when I see it.

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tumbleweeds rollin through this thread... yawn.

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like they decided against calcium monitoring, which was mentioned in the original posts about this. Not a big deal but I'm curious why that changed.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like they decided against calcium monitoring, which was mentioned in the original posts about this. Not a big deal but I'm curious why that changed.

I think is is more of a cost thing really. The KH testing unit is a separate piece of equipment. Requiring a set of dosing pumps. Adding calcium and mag would require more complex software to switch between reagent containers. An is thought not to be as greatly needed Alk testing.

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think is is more of a cost thing really. The KH testing unit is a separate piece of equipment. Requiring a set of dosing pumps. Adding calcium and mag would require more complex software to switch between reagent containers. An is thought not to be as greatly needed Alk testing.
Seems reasonable.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back