Programing EB8 outlet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

O'l Salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want my ato pump power to plug into the EB8.

Is there a way to program the outlet to power on for 15 seconds and power off for 30 minutes continuously?

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is def a way to do so, but may I ask why? Do you have that much evaporation? If you want to hook up an ato properly to the apex I recommend getting a couple float valves and a breakout box. This will then turn on and shut off the pump as properly needed

OP
OP
O'l Salty

O'l Salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That wouldn't have diverted the disaster I had.

Skimmer was overflowing and draining into a bucket. ATO kicked on which has feeding a kalkwasser reactor. Needless to say my tank was completely saturated with kalk and I lost just about everything. Obviously I won't do that again but before I start kalk on my new tank I want a redundant system to prevent another disaster. Limiting pump time would have prevented this from happening.

2una

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch
The tunze ato has a timer that i think is 10 min then it will cut off untill its reset.
Another idea might be just to run the reactor on a DOS, thats how i've set mine up & the ato just picks up any slack.
Other wise i think its the osc function your looking for

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I have for my Doser. Basically it's turning on 1 minute every 2 hours, 6 times in a day. (I'm dosing 1ml x 6 per day)

You just have to change the time length, how often, and the defer (delay).

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 00:00 to 00:01 Then ON
Defer 001:01 Then ON
If Time 02:00 to 02:01 Then ON
If Time 04:00 to 04:01 Then ON
If Time 06:00 to 06:01 Then ON
If Time 08:00 to 08:01 Then ON
If Time 10:00 to 10:01 Then ON

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, BTW, even though it says from 00:00 to 00:01, it will run for 2 minutes, hence the defer 001:01 = 1 minute delay.

Experiment with your ATO unplugged, then check the logs to see how it really works.

Hope it helps.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That wouldn't have diverted the disaster I had.

Skimmer was overflowing and draining into a bucket. ATO kicked on which has feeding a kalkwasser reactor. Needless to say my tank was completely saturated with kalk and I lost just about everything. Obviously I won't do that again but before I start kalk on my new tank I want a redundant system to prevent another disaster. Limiting pump time would have prevented this from happening.

A float switch in the bucket would have prevented it. Just program it to shut the skimmer off when flipped on. Then program it to send a text to notify you

OP
OP
O'l Salty

O'l Salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch
The tunze ato has a timer that i think is 10 min then it will cut off untill its reset.
Another idea might be just to run the reactor on a DOS, thats how i've set mine up & the ato just picks up any slack.
Other wise i think its the osc function your looking for

I think I'll do the DOS. The kalk reactor is somewhat flawed. It stirs very slowly 24/7. The ato feed is at the bottom and the output is at the top. A plume of kalk is generated every time the ATO kicks on. Normally the plume doesn't reach the output but in this case it ran continuously causing the plume to reach the output and contaminate the tank.

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use a ph probe to turn off the pump as well if ph rises too much. I use the DOS on one of my systems, it works very well but at higher speeds for an ATO purpose it is very loud.

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't I run the DOS and Kalk separately from the ATO?

There is a way I'm sure but I think it would be a pain in the butt to program it correctly. You would end up with 2 ATO reservoirs and 2 ATO pumps....I would think that leaves a lot of room for programming errors and equipment malfunctions. Maybe it would be easier for you to just mix the kalk into your ATO reservoir and not have the reactor.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back