Programming Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reflective

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Waveline APEX Ready DC pump. I have it plugged into an outlet on one of my energy bars and connected the controller to the V1/V2 port on my base unit. I am pretty confused at this point on how to move forward and program the pump. I found the wizard on APEX Fusion for the Variable Speed outlets but they don't seem to be controlling anything at the moment. On APEX Fusion, is the pump controlled by VARSPD1_I1 or VARSPD2_I2? Or do I need to link it to the actually outlet the pump is on?

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Waveline APEX Ready DC pump. I have it plugged into an outlet on one of my energy bars and connected the controller to the V1/V2 port on my base unit. I am pretty confused at this point on how to move forward and program the pump. I found the wizard on APEX Fusion for the Variable Speed outlets but they don't seem to be controlling anything at the moment. On APEX Fusion, is the pump controlled by VARSPD1_I1 or VARSPD2_I2? Or do I need to link it to the actually outlet the pump is on?

Not sure on if the Waveline uses V1 or V2 but you said you plugged the pump into an EB outlet did you use the advanced programming with this code in the EB outlet that the Waveline is plugged into and make sure the outlet is set to Auto.

Fallback ON
Set ON

Again I am not familiar with the Waveline but some of the other variable dc pumps don't turn on if the intensity is to low (set by the V1/V2)

OP
OP
Reflective

Reflective

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only code in the EB outlet is the two lines you have. I forgot to say the pump works, it just doesn't change speed when I try to control it with the APEX. Only changes speed from the controller that came with it. I tried setting it to the lowest setting on the Waveline controller and setting the speed in the wizard to 100% but that didn't do anything. I'll check because maybe I only did it on V1, and I need to do it on V2.

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only code in the EB outlet is the two lines you have. I forgot to say the pump works, it just doesn't change speed when I try to control it with the APEX. Only changes speed from the controller that came with it. I tried setting it to the lowest setting on the Waveline controller and setting the speed in the wizard to 100% but that didn't do anything. I'll check because maybe I only did it on V1, and I need to do it on V2.

I found someone on the neptune community forum suggest to turn down the waveline pump controller to its lowest setting and then try using the APEX to control the pump

Hope this will work

DMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure teh pump will only use one variable speed outlet. Best way to figure out which one is to make sure you have both v1 and v2 tiles up on your dash. The eb8 outlet is only going to control on/off so it may be best to set this to on for now, just to make sure a program isnt interfering. Then one at a time toggle either v1 or v2 to the on position( your pump should be outputting 100%) If you toggle that same varisable port to off position the pump should shut down.
If you just want the flow to increase and decrease throughout the day then the wizard can be used. But if you want to control the pump when certain things happen then you will have to go into advanced proggramming. In that case profiles will have to be made and put into the variables programming.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I have not seen the pump but it should be working like the Tunze 1073.050 which I have used. The power to the pump, you can even plug to the wall outlet. It does not have to be on the EB8 or EBx or DCx. Once the variable cable is connected, the pump will move fast or slow depending on that variable cable. If the variable is not connected to the Apex, the pump will be OFF. There is a video on youtube showing you how to program the variable ports.

OP
OP
Reflective

Reflective

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help! I got it to work! I'm not 100% sure what I did but eventually turning the V1 to On/Off was controlling it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back