Project 220 build upsize to downsize numbers of tanks.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be a bit late but I have a ******** of extra returns and PVC you can scavenge. I have made dozens of sets and tried lots of different setups for my 180-230gp builds.
I was able to get the stock marineland plumbing to work, and picked up new bulkhead's from emerald Bay last weekend. I appreciate the offer though! Love this club and it's people so much!

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took @Eagle_Steve advice and picked up an approximate 400 gallon pool from Walmart today. Will use that to mix the needed water and drain theb125 into it when it's time to move the 220 I to production. Just a couple tasks left before I'm ready to make the water, mix, and get this show on the road.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I paint I played around this morning and had this extra flag from my old jack Dempsey tank. Does this look stupid? This is just a test so I'd obviously stretch it, tape it down etc.

IMG_20190704_103217.jpg

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must stop and say scraping old Coraline really really sucks. I've got a few ppwerheads and a return pump in the tank to move water. And I added another half gallon of vinegar. I got a ton off, but need it to settle down so I can see what's left.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The great Clea up has begun. Got a ton of dead Coraline off today, just have a few spots on front and back glass, and close to seams so I need it to soften more and use a magic eraser. Project is getting close!
IMG_20190704_201229.jpg

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks a ton better. And you are leak testing at the same time lol.

Yep! been filled since tuesday and nothing. I just need it to get a bit more soft around the seams so i can get that, and figure a way to plug the bulkheads long enough to test that, and get that dead algae out.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank as clean as i can. Heading to Lowe's on the morning to get the electrical materials to install 2 20 amp gfci circuts for all the tank gear. Hoping that will get done this weekend, so I can inflate the pool and start making rodi to mix to make the big move. Need to pick up bulkhead plugs at Lowe's too so I can test that too.

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your panel is tight for space like mine was, I was lucky enough to find a 2x20 square D breaker that fits a single slot. So I got 4 circuits out of two slots. Good luck and be careful!

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was kinda an off day. Cleaned up some stuff I don't need and posted it. Overflows water tested well, so next step to drain tank, towel try, and paint back. The. I gotta make all the rodi. Slowly getting there!! Hoping this coming weekend.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out 3 coats is the money! 3 coats on and the tank is just about ready! Got the electrical supplies, just gotta get that installed this week, and we're ready to do this thing !

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
120 gallons of fresh rodi is downstairs in the temp holding pond mixing salt now. Threw in an extra return pump I had, and now to let it mix. I'll check salinity tomorrow and bump up what's needed to hit my target.

Saturday is the big swap over day 1. I'll get the actual tank on the stand, plumbed, died with rock water and sand, and all the fish in it. Then @Eagle_Steve will be stopping by with my sharp shooting puffers to get them situated in their new home. Will take a bit for the new tank to settle in, and stabilize after condensing etc, but I'm stoked to get the big tank running!

Also made a run to hardware store tonight to get some plumbing parts for the return to make sure we're good to go. Now all that's left is the hard work moving everyone around!

Back