Project 220 build upsize to downsize numbers of tanks.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Eagle_Steve for everything!! Glad to see my old 125 go to a good home too! Got all the fish in the 220. Had a great buddy come down today with his fiance, and my daughter, wife I and those 2 got the 220 up on the stand and ready to plumb. While electrical was being installed, I got the best plumbed. Did some leak fixing from bulkheads etc, and we're now cycling water. @Eagle_Steve then brought the puffers to me, and got the 125, and now all fish are in the tank settling in. Tomorrow the ta k should be clearer and I'll be able to get more photos. But here's a few. I also need to get my other lights on the tank too. 3 SB reefs will do just fine!
IMG_20190713_204950.jpg
IMG_20190713_205014.jpg
IMG_20190713_204950.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @Eagle_Steve for everything!! Glad to see my old 125 go to a good home too! Got all the fish in the 220. Had a great buddy come down today with his fiance, and my daughter, wife I and those 2 got the 220 up on the stand and ready to plumb. While electrical was being installed, I got the best plumbed. Did some leak fixing from bulkheads etc, and we're now cycling water. @Eagle_Steve then brought the puffers to me, and got the 125, and now all fish are in the tank settling in. Tomorrow the ta k should be clearer and I'll be able to get more photos. But here's a few. I also need to get my other lights on the tank too. 3 SB reefs will do just fine!
IMG_20190713_204950.jpg
IMG_20190713_205014.jpg
IMG_20190713_204950.jpg
You all did an awesome job. The wife has declared the 125 will go in the office and be zoa dominated, so after we get Paxtins build done, I guess I will be doing a 6’ zoa tank lol.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You all did an awesome job. The wife has declared the 125 will go in the office and be zoa dominated, so after we get Paxtins build done, I guess I will be doing a 6’ zoa tank lol.
Happy wife happy life!! Can't wait to see that!

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran to emerald bay after family time today for some hanging kits. Lights are now hung on The tank. I need to clean glass from setup mess, but we have light! Now to figure out rigging 3 to timers, but that's for after supper.
IMG_20190714_175134.jpg
IMG_20190714_175328.jpg

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent tonight getting the rest of the powerheads hooked up, ato back configured, heater controller mounted, lights back on timers etc. I think I'm done with messing with it until my skimmer chills out a bit.
IMG_20190714_204522.jpg

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to believe the tank will have been sorted for a week tomorrow! Skimmer finally took a chill pill so I can continue to dial that I . Been throwing some stability in it just got good measure, but all fish seem happy and

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paxtin loves the pics and we are glad they are doing well. He is gonna be busy tomorrow with his reef tank. I might be able to get some pics of him working on it for his build thread I have going. It is getting wet as I type this. I have a feeling that more than what we designated as “his” in the frag tanks will be moved over to his new tank. Fun stuff this weekend.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paxtin loves the pics and we are glad they are doing well. He is gonna be busy tomorrow with his reef tank. I might be able to get some pics of him working on it for his build thread I have going. It is getting wet as I type this. I have a feeling that more than what we designated as “his” in the frag tanks will be moved over to his new tank. Fun stuff this weekend.
Sounds like me last weekend. Hot wet and sweaty! Can't wait to see that new build! I'm heading out to find some seafood for them . The shell on shrimp don't seem to be something Mr stars and stripes wants , so time to find something else

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really good!! I sometimes miss my big tanks, but I am content with the 30 for now. Gonna take an act of congress for me to clean out, sanitize, and restart one of the 230's...certainly a fall activity for sure. Now, If you want a controller to help you out I have 2 DA Elites with the works....always happy to make a deal.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really good!! I sometimes miss my big tanks, but I am content with the 30 for now. Gonna take an act of congress for me to clean out, sanitize, and restart one of the 230's...certainly a fall activity for sure. Now, If you want a controller to help you out I have 2 DA Elites with the works....always happy to make a deal.

I'm at the point in my "reefing career" where one large fish only, and one small reef works for us. All my time isn't tied up in water changes and testing etc. I'm still toying with some sort of control.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks settling well. Added a couple planned additions, small diatom bloom happened from new sand, but just about over. The only bad was my stars and stripes puffer passed on the isolation container. He spooked himself real good, and just couldn't clear it, and passed on me. Thanks to @Eagle_Steve for all of his help with that situation trying to save him. Now to let the tank settle a bit.

Wife wants to get a dog face to replace him, so I've got my eyes open for one. If I can find some re-home tangs might add a couple, then the large angel to cap the tank.
IMG_20190726_190419.jpg
IMG_20190729_180252.jpg
IMG_20190729_190457.jpg
IMG_20190728_132334.jpg

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update. The blenny is doing great! I was concerned only because of small size, but he's eating like a pig. Went to Emerald Bay today and forgot to pick up what I went in for, but left with a big tiger cowrie and a quoyi Parrot fish.. photos and video as soon as he settles in. Was smashing the food at the store. Just a couple more additions before angels. Likely done until after my wife and i's 10th anniversary long weekend trip next month. Then I'll source theast couple fish before the angels.

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol that's the blessing of a large tank..But there is always more you want lol. My 30 is rocking..stable, and clean. Just added a bunch of coral and will post on my thread tomorrow. Meantime make sure you tell me when you guysncome up..We only live a few miles from Emerald Bay.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol that's the blessing of a large tank..But there is always more you want lol. My 30 is rocking..stable, and clean. Just added a bunch of coral and will post on my thread tomorrow. Meantime make sure you tell me when you guysncome up..We only live a few miles from Emerald Bay.
Typical Emerald Bay stock. Out and eating day 1!
IMG_20190817_181958.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back