OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love those blennies, specially when he sits at a ledge starring at me... :)
With these pics it's even better. Someday will get a decent camera to capture the detail of my aquarium. Your pics are simply amazing!!!

Alfrareef - Thanks so much for the kind words.

Thanks for all of your help! I've enjoyed going through your build thread. Great tank. I'll have to check out that barnwood place in Phoenix since my wife wants me to do a wall like that and it's close enough. I have all the tools to mill down my own wood but it's so popular right now it's hard to find. I like the beam you used to hang the light from.

Mebeknob - Good luck with your future projects The barn wood is not cheap. :)

I like this shot!

Rev - Thanks!

That's a gorgeous FTS!

drawman - Appreciate it.

Gorgeous as usual - its great having those little nuggets of hidden goodness that arent always out in the main focus. You miss them on the regular tank look over and when you catch them again, its a delight to see how they've changed.

ksfulk - So true. Thanks for the view and comment.

Your tank is mindblowing. Amazing set up and your livestock rocks. Did you add the butterfly before the tangs to avoid aggression? I want to add one to my system but know they can be hit or miss amd would like to increase his chances of survival

locito - mindblowing is quite the praise. Really appreciate all the kind words. The butterfly went in after all my tangs. He spent 8 weeks in QT then 2 weeks in an acclimation box in the tank. Even after the 2 weeks, the tangs still pushed him around for a few days. IMO, the key is getting them eating in QT before going into the display. If they are not eating before going into the display, the stress is a bit too much for them.

Beautiful!

rev - Thanks again

Yeah! It's so pretty! Thanks for posting it!

tweeter - Glad you liked it. I posted that one up for you.

Love this thread..... Keep it up!

Aqua fire/medit - Thanks so much.

I love the recaps as always really cool

Desmond - Thanks for the view and comment. The recaps are my favorite for sure.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Forest Fire Digitata

Project 365 - September 10th, 2016
One of my favorite corals ever. I know, I know, it's just a digi but it's such a classic coral. I really like this top down, it helps to show the contrast from orange, green and the bone color of the base.

Thanks for looking
253 down 112 to go!

KYReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping you'd get a close up shot of that one. It is gorgeous! Monti's are my favorites.

tristanfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chromis Peek-a-boo

Project 365 - September 9th, 2016
Nothing special but I kind of liked this shot of the Chromis framed out by a couple corals.

Thanks for looking
252 down 113 to go!
Beautiful shot as per usual

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Forest Fire Digitata

One of my favorite corals ever. I know, I know, it's just a digi but it's such a classic coral. I really like this top down, it helps to show the contrast from orange, green and the bone color of the base.

Thanks for looking
253 down 112 to go!
That is Beautiful!

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping you'd get a close up shot of that one. It is gorgeous! Monti's are my favorites.

KyReefer - Glad you approve. It's nice to get the topdown viewer out again, I'm able to get some nicer shots of coral.

Beautiful shot as per usual

tristanfish - Thanks!

As above, love montis, the forest fire pic is stunning. :)

najer - Thanks so much - Glad to see that was a hit with many.

That is Beautiful!

tweeter - Again, thanks so much.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

World Wide Coral - Fire Breather

Project 365 - September 11th, 2016
I got the top down viewer back on the camera so I'm going to get some top down shots for a few days here. Today's post is of my WWC Fire Breather. This is a pretty stunning coral. I love the red accents with the yellow tips. It makes for a stunner. Medium light, medium flow is what this is getting in my tank. I think it could benefit from more flow but the light seems to be about right.

Thanks for looking
254 down 111 to go!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

World Wide Coral - Fire Breather

Project 365 - September 11th, 2016
I got the top down viewer back on the camera so I'm going to get some top down shots for a few days here. Today's post is of my WWC Fire Breather. This is a pretty stunning coral. I love the red accents with the yellow tips. It makes for a stunner. Medium light, medium flow is what this is getting in my tank. I think it could benefit from more flow but the light seems to be about right.

Thanks for looking
254 down 111 to go!

Love the detail in this photo!

JohnnyCheats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Forest Fire Digitata

Thanks for looking
253 down 112 to go!

[emoji7]Love Digi's[emoji7]

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just can't get over the growth you get on your SPS, very well done.

tripdad - Thank you sir!

Love the detail in this photo!

The Fire Breather is a beauty

[emoji7]Love Digi's[emoji7]

Johnny - Glad you approve!

Pictures are looking as great as ever! Keep up the awesome work!

FrankAbagnale - Glad to hear from you. It's been a while. Thanks for taking the time to view and comment.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ORA Purple Plasma

Project 365 - September 12th, 2016
110 more to go! It's been a while since I've seen a number on there that made me think this is coming to an end. Only 110 more posts to make my Project 365 final. Here's to 110 more days.

I mentioned yesterday that I'm going to focus on some top down shots, I feel that they can't be beat when photographing coral. Tonight's post is of my ORA Purple Plasma. I think the coral pretty much speaks for itself. I'm still amazed that this is not a more popular coral by ORA. Between the growth pattern and polyp extension its a hard one to beat. Medium light and high flow is where I have this one growing.

Thanks for looking
255 down 110 to go!

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ORA Joe the Coral

Project 365 - September 13th, 2016
Tonight's post is of my ORA Joe the Coral. I've posted one other image of this coral several months back and got the back story on Joe the Coral. Basically, the coral was named after a guy who owned a LFS and did lots of business with ORA. Cool story and it's neat to think that there is actually a Joe out there. At any rate, I love the detail in the tips of this coral.

Thanks for looking
256 down 109 to go!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like the info you post with the photos!

JohnnyCheats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ORA Joe the Coral

Project 365 - September 13th, 2016
Tonight's post is of my ORA Joe the Coral. I've posted one other image of this coral several months back and got the back story on Joe the Coral. Basically, the coral was named after a guy who owned a LFS and did lots of business with ORA. Cool story and it's neat to think that there is actually a Joe out there. At any rate, I love the detail in the tips of this coral.

Thanks for looking
256 down 109 to go!

He was a great LFS Clerk!!! Just got my hands on a nice chunk of this one from a generous local reefer. Love this piece.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ORA Red Planet

Project 365 - September 14th, 2016
What can I say about Red Planet? For me this is one of those corals that makes you go out and buy a reef tank. The color contrast between the red and green is 2nd to none. I've found that lower light gets me extra green, if I mount a piece of this high in the tank, the green all but goes away.

Thanks for looking
257 down 108 to go!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back