urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bio Reef - Green Goblin

Project 365 - September 20th, 2016
The greenest of green corals, the Green Goblin from Bio Reef! This is a really cool coral, actually in the anacropora family. It's truly like no other coral that I have.

Thanks for looking
263 down 102 to go!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Vivid!

delandreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been awhile since I got to check out your new posts. As always absolutely stunning pictures. I think I am going to have to find a pearl berry to add to my own tank after seeing the detail in yours.

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
I love your pics. They are show stoppers. When you have frags and come to Portugal please bring a box full of it!!! You and family can stay at my house.... :)

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tri Color

Project 365 - September 22nd, 2016
100 Remaining!!!

Tonight's post is of my Tri Color which is a bit odd, cause it's not much of 2 colors let alone 3. It's a nice coral all the same, especially viewed top down like this.

Thanks for looking
265 down 100 to go!

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang that is a seriously vibrant blue :eek: really enjoy the macro shots where you can see the texture in the coral.

And only 100 to go! Keep up the awesome effort mate

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree - Almost too vivid.

AMAZING picture!

G8trBait - Thanks, it's my fav for a reason.

It has been awhile since I got to check out your new posts. As always absolutely stunning pictures. I think I am going to have to find a pearl berry to add to my own tank after seeing the detail in yours.

Delandereefer - PearlBerry is the GOAT in my opinion.

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
I love your pics. They are show stoppers. When you have frags and come to Portugal please bring a box full of it!!! You and family can stay at my house.... :)

Alfrareef - If I find myself in Portugal, I will take you up on that.

dang that is a seriously vibrant blue :eek: really enjoy the macro shots where you can see the texture in the coral.

And only 100 to go! Keep up the awesome effort mate

MaccaPopEye - Thanks so much.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cherry Corals - Kick butt Horrida

Project 365 - September 23rd, 2016

Wow! I'm down to double digits in terms of remaining posts. Its been a while since I've seen the light at the end of the tunnel but it's starting to become visible.

Today's post is of a coral from Cherry Corals. I really wish that I could view this coral in the same fashion as this top down because it's pretty stunning. From the side, you miss all of that polyp goodness. This is one of those PROP corals that I've mentioned over the course of the last year. It's in my tank but belongs to a local group where we grow and auction the coral. Proceeds are used to buy new coral.

Thanks for looking
266 down 99 to go!

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Deep Water Acro

Project 365 - September 24th, 2016
This is yet another coral given to me by one of our local reefers. It looks a lot like a Myagi Tort to me. I think I have this coral a bit higher than it needs to be. If I were to lower it, I think I could pull more green out of the base.

Thanks for looking
267 down 98 to go!

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Midnight Stag

Project 365 - September 25th, 2016
What this coral lacks in color, it makes up for in the texture of the skin and rapid growth. I recommend you zoom in to really see the detail in this coral. I have this mounted high in the aquarium, it gets flooded with light and flow.

Thanks for looking
268 down 97 to go!

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Humilis Meets Slimer

Project 365 - September 26th, 2016
My ORA Slimer has made many appearances over the past 9 months but this may be the nicest shot of it yet. I love the color and detail in the slimer and then the contrast to the Purple Humils really makes it pop. Both of these corals are mounted high and get lots of light and flow.

Thanks for looking
269 down 96 to go!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Humilis Meets Slimer

Project 365 - September 26th, 2016
My ORA Slimer has made many appearances over the past 9 months but this may be the nicest shot of it yet. I love the color and detail in the slimer and then the contrast to the Purple Humils really makes it pop. Both of these corals are mounted high and get lots of light and flow.

Thanks for looking
269 down 96 to go!

Great detail!

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef Raft - Cherry Bomb

Project 365 - September 27th, 2016
This is a coral that I know I'm not getting the most out of. When I bought this from a local reefer, it had a deeper red where the best I can get it is reddish. The secondary mint color is nice from the top but not really visible from the side. If anyone has advice on more/less light, I'm all ears.

Thanks for looking
270 down 95 to go!

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Strawberry Fields

Project 365 - September 28th, 2016

Tonight's post is of a piece of my Strawberry Fields that I mounted low and in the shade. If you look back over the past 271 posts, you will see many posts of this coral where it's 99% pink with just a hint of the green. When I first bought this coral, it very much looked like this photo. It was being grown under LEDs and pretty low in the aquarium. Needless to say, I mounted a small frag about a year go down low in the tank. It grows super slow but the coloration is very nice.

Thanks for looking
271 down 94 to go!

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's with mixed emotions that I communicate to everyone that this tank is going up for sale. We are moving to a new house which will not accommodate this tank. Here is a link to the FS Thread here on R2R. If you or anyone you know is looking for a killer deal on a great aquarium, look no farther.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fs-urbaneks-250-in-arizona.267489/
We are moving mid November so I plan to keep Project 365 alive and well up to that point. I'm planning a new build at our new house so I will transition photos over to the new tank

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's with mixed emotions that I communicate to everyone that this tank is going up for sale. We are moving to a new house which will not accommodate this tank. Here is a link to the FS Thread here on R2R. If you or anyone you know is looking for a killer deal on a great aquarium, look no farther.
We are moving mid November so I plan to keep Project 365 alive and well up to that point. I'm planning a new build at our new house so I will transition photos over to the new tank

Thats so sad, and then exciting at the same time! Congrats on the new house! And sorry about having to sell off the tank :(

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back