Project 365 - My Reef Journal - One Photograph Per Day

KYReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry you have to sell this tank, but I'm sure your new one will be just as spectacular. Best of luck with the new house and the new build.

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the move is one that makes your lives better, I am sure your next tank will be just as nice as this one just on a different scale. Best of luck with the move. :)

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sorry to hear you have to sell it mate :( but you clearly have a knack for reef tanks and I have no doubt your next build will be every bit as beautiful and interesting!

Goby-won

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that is some news. Congratulations on the new pad.

Sad for the rest of your following, although to see the rise of a new tank with your attention to detail would be a nice replacement.

On behalf of your fans, I say you are forgiven.

Look forward to the upgrade.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Purple Rimmed Green Monti Cap

Project 365 - September 29th, 2016
Well, many have read by now that my reef tank will need to come down and it is currently up for sale. We are moving to a new home in November and the current tank is just too large for the space I have dedicated for the tank. I will continue Project 365 on this reef until it's taken down and move my photos over to the new build.

Tonight's post is a nice shot of a very basic coral. Many don't think much of the caps but I've always been drawn to their growth forms and deep colors.

Thanks for looking
272 down 93 to go!

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats so sad, and then exciting at the same time! Congrats on the new house! And sorry about having to sell off the tank :(

ksfulk - It is a bit sad but all things have a beginning and an end. When I set this tank up 2.5 years ago, I did not think it would be coming down this soon.

I'm so sorry you have to sell this tank, but I'm sure your new one will be just as spectacular. Best of luck with the new house and the new build.

KyReefer - Thanks so much. The new build will have to be smaller.

I'm sure the new build will be just as cool. :)

najer - I hope so.

I hope the move is one that makes your lives better, I am sure your next tank will be just as nice as this one just on a different scale. Best of luck with the move. :)

tripdad - It's a good move. We are actually downsizing homes, I have one child in college and another that's a year and a half away. We don't use the space we have so it makes sense to make this move.

Really sorry to hear you have to sell it mate :( but you clearly have a knack for reef tanks and I have no doubt your next build will be every bit as beautiful and interesting!

MaccaPopEye - Thanks for the kind words.

Wow, that is some news. Congratulations on the new pad.

Sad for the rest of your following, although to see the rise of a new tank with your attention to detail would be a nice replacement.

On behalf of your fans, I say you are forgiven.

Look forward to the upgrade.

Goby-won - Much appreciated. Not sure my next build will be quite to this scale but looking forward to it all the same.

GXPKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id be all over that tank for my barber shop if it werent so far, that stand and tank are so nice. Bittersweet for sure man, cant wait to see how this evolves with the new homestead.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on the move and beginning again at your new pad. This has been a great thread.

DBR - Thanks so much. I'm glad the thread has been positive for many. It's been good for me as well. I have no intent of letting it slip so stay tuned.

Id be all over that tank for my barber shop if it werent so far, that stand and tank are so nice. Bittersweet for sure man, cant wait to see how this evolves with the new homestead.

GXPKY - A tank in a barber shop would be awesome! I'd get my hair cut more often. :)

Good luck for the move and new house!

Alfrareef - Thanks!

The move and set up might take the rest of the 365 project.

reefwiser - I hope not! We still have a major piece of the equation which to sell our current home. I'm hoping things work out where I can get an overlap between houses to setup and then move live stock to the new tank.

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Monti Cap Trio

Project 365 - September 30th, 2016
The biggest news of the day is that the tank sold. A very lucky buyer put a deposit down on the tank tonight and has graciously offered to be patient while my house sells. I will continue to keep Project 365 up with a combination of the current tank and new tank.

Tonight's post is a photo that I really like. Again, simple shot of a couple Caps (Idaho Grape, Purple Rimmed Green and Setosa) The combination of the 3 an the color pop is nice.

Thanks for looking
273 down 92 to go!

tristanfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@urbaneks followed since the first shot. Inspired me to take better photos and even start my own thread here. I know how hard it is to keep the thriving tank. Best of luck and come back strong.

Thanks again for the inspirations

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

September Photo Recap

Project 365 - October 1st, 2016
75,035 views and 1114 replies to 273 photos. Thank you to all those that have managed to find my Project 365 Journal here on R2R. It's been quite the adventure to say the least.

As I've done a the end of each month, I'm providing a little photo recap that shows a compilation of what September was all about. A bunch of top downs and coral macros. I'm hoping to focus on a few of the fish in the next week or so. We will see how that goes. Again, thanks to all for the views and comments.

Thanks for looking
274 down 91 to go!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Project 365 - October 2nd, 2016
As I've done at the start of each month, here is a recap of the last 9 months of reefing.

Thanks for looking
275 down 90 to go!

9 Months of Reefing

Wonderful job and glad to hear you found a buyer! Heck of a deal!

OP
OP
urbaneks

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Somethings Just Don't Add Up?

Project 365 - October 3rd, 2016
Believe it or not, this is the most expensive coral in the tank. This piece is the Reef Raft Avenger. This coral was purchased by our local Prop Farming Group and is being grown out in my tank. To say, it's a slow grower would be a huge under statement. I'm going on 6 months and I've managed to get a few nubs. At $400 for the frag, we are all hoping this guys becomes something wonderful.

Thanks for looking
272 down 89 to go!

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. It's pretty but I don't know if I could ever justify $400 for a frag :eek: the Prop Farming group sounds like an awesome idea so you can all get some great bits :) I also like how it looks a bit like a dalek from Dr Who haha

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back