Proper dosage of copersafe

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The red sore is a common event during treatment with copper. It's probably a secondary bacterial infection caused by the lowering of the fish's immune system. You should treat with the combination of Kanaplex + Furan-2 + Metroplex asap.

OP
OP
Kevinkmk

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The red sore is a common event during treatment with copper. It's probably a secondary bacterial infection caused by the lowering of the fish's immune system. You should treat with the combination of Kanaplex + Furan-2 + Metroplex asap.
That’s a lot of thing. Any info on how to use those? Any chance will my Blenny heal by himself!

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, what’s your ammonia right now? That could be ammonia burn based on where you say it is.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has the Ich started to clear up at least?

Redness of the gills is most often associated with ammonia. Are you using Seachem alert badges? If so, are you shining a bright light behind the badge if you don't have bright QT lighting?

OP
OP
Kevinkmk

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, what’s your ammonia right now? That could be ammonia burn based on where you say it is.
Has the Ich started to clear up at least?

Redness of the gills is most often associated with ammonia. Are you using Seachem alert badges? If so, are you shining a bright light behind the badge if you don't have bright QT lighting?

First. Thank you for the info! Second I do have the ammonia badget with bright light and it always show 0 ammonia. The ich has get better but today I still can see some white spot on the fishes.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First. Thank you for the info! Second I do have the ammonia badget with bright light and it always show 0 ammonia. The ich has get better but today I still can see some white spot on the fishes.
As long as you haven't seen any new ones form over the last few days you should be fine.

Treating a bacteria infection with copper in the water can be challenging. It can be done but you have to be very careful with both ammonia and oxygen.

Is the fish showing any signs of stress or breathing rapidly?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Option to consider: Nitrofuracin Green Powder is an antibiotic that also contains MB (Methylene Blue) which would also cover the red sore if it is from ammonia burn or bacterial caused.

OP
OP
Kevinkmk

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you haven't seen any new ones form over the last few days you should be fine.

Treating a bacteria infection with copper in the water can be challenging. It can be done but you have to be very careful with both ammonia and oxygen.

It’s still eating very well. The first day I put this fish into the qt, it’s already gasping air near the top of the aquarium

OP
OP
Kevinkmk

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I really don’t want to do both treatments at the same time. I’m not sure i should wait until the copper treament end

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don’t want to do both treatments at the same time. I’m not sure i should wait until the copper treament end
Let's see if we can get @Humblefish involved. Bacteria infections aren't in my wheelhouse.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Kevinkmk

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably a gram positive infection if it has taken this long to develop. Unless it is looking much worse today, I think I would try beating it by boosting the fish's natural immune system. You can accomplish this by food soaking or even dosing vitamins into the water: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vitamins-herbal-remedies.304287/
Thank you! Will it be good idea to treat the bacteria infection as a process of qt? Will it be more stressful than copper?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Will it be good idea to treat the bacteria infection as a process of qt? Will it be more stressful than copper?

I don't like using antibiotics unless symptoms of an infection are present. Antibiotics will: Suppress appetite, deplete oxygen from the water and are slow acting to work. It's no wonder many fish don't see benefit from antibiotic treatment, but at present time we don't have a better way to treat severe infections except for dosing antibiotics (and also using antiseptic baths) directly into the water. Intramuscular injections have worked well at public aquariums I advise, but I can't see too many hobbyists being comfortable doing that. o_O

OP
OP
Kevinkmk

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like using antibiotics unless symptoms of an infection are present. Antibiotics will: Suppress appetite, deplete oxygen from the water and are slow acting to work. It's no wonder many fish don't see benefit from antibiotic treatment, but at present time we don't have a better way to treat severe infections except for dosing antibiotics (and also using antiseptic baths) directly into the water. Intramuscular injections have worked well at public aquariums I advise, but I can't see too many hobbyists being comfortable doing that. o_O
Thank you! Then I will observe the fish to see if the bacteria treat is need.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back