Proper Lighting Requirement for 75 gallon Mixed Reef Tank

markymark54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please all: give me your feedback as to suggestions of better EXISTING lighting plan:
I love the setup I have and considered adding a Reef Brite XHO Blue Led 48" for more color...
I want to know if I am running the existing setup long enough or is it too much?

I have a regular sized 75 gallon tank running - loaded with live rock and mixed: Hard and Softs, Zoas, Anemones, 8 small mixed reef fish,
and a variety of snails, conch, crabs, shrimp...

The existing lighting is:
(4) Four 65W PowerCompact ~ (run for 12 hours)
(2)Two 175W Metal Halide Corallife 20000K ~ (run for 4 hours)
(8) Eight XHO Blue Led for moonlight

OP
OP
markymark54

markymark54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REALLY!??? Not even one response...no one has any feedback at all?

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really that experienced with the MH's, but it seems like that might be a lot of light. How are the corals responding to the current lighting? Got any pictures?

Welcome to R2R by the way. Sorry for the late response. Threads kind of get buried from time to time.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please all: give me your feedback as to suggestions of better EXISTING lighting plan:
I love the setup I have and considered adding a Reef Brite XHO Blue Led 48" for more color...
I want to know if I am running the existing setup long enough or is it too much?

I have a regular sized 75 gallon tank running - loaded with live rock and mixed: Hard and Softs, Zoas, Anemones, 8 small mixed reef fish,
and a variety of snails, conch, crabs, shrimp...

The existing lighting is:
(4) Four 65W PowerCompact ~ (run for 12 hours)
(2)Two 175W Metal Halide Corallife 20000K ~ (run for 4 hours)
(8) Eight XHO Blue Led for moonlight
Edit: You are using those PCs for most of the day and what you have is all good.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 55.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back