Proper lighting?

SilverSurfer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the midst of setting up some coral frag tanks. They are only 22g's. My main goal with these are Mushroom corals and select LPS(frogspawn, chalice)

They are 36x18x8(i know nice huh?) I am thinking of downgrading from MH to T5 , main tank is MH. Considering trying out T5's, still get that same color pop out of these?
Found them at 36" 78w(dual 39w). That be suffice for what i'm trying to accomplish?

And at the same time still give me the same color pop im trying to get..

I seen highest Kelvin rating bulbs they make for t-5 seem to be 10k

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YOu can get 12k with Geisman Aqua blue +......I think you will be fine with T-5 I just got me a 2 bulb set up from Hellolights.com. I got with the light set up the UVI Super actinic R bulbs that make to colors pop just as much as my old VHO Super actinic......Same company.

T-5s will be fine with what your wanting to do, there are so many bulb choices that you mihgt have to mix and match toget waht you want.....

OP
OP
SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to just go with dual 30g breeder's as glass cages wanted $300 for the two 22g's. too much IMO.

Lighting should still be suffice you think? the 30g breeders are 12" depth, the 22g's were 8" depth

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea you should be fine....Everything I can find or read is that the T-5s are almost as deep a penitrating light as halides. I don't think on really tall tanks they would be as good but with what you want ans want to keep you should be fine.....

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back