Prophylactic Ich/Velvet Treatment for Dogface Puffer

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I have no access to CP, what is my best option for prophylactic treatment for ich/velvet for a dogface puffer? According to the treatment chart, they do not tolerate chelated or ionic copper well. I know TTM works for ich. @Humblefish has in the past mentioned 36-hour transfers might work for velvet (which I have done in the past - but when done prophylacticly, one never really knows if it was actually effective or if it was that the fish never had it.) Have there been any updates on how effective 36-hour transfers are on velvet?

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last I asked him recently about it there was still an issue of how to test it. Once visible the fish can't wait on TTM, and like you, if not known to be infected then being velvet free after TTM proves nothing. I was actually asking about it for mandarin QT since the meds would kill the pods supplied for food. One of those things that should work "in theory" though :(

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back