Prorocentrum Dino Help !

DannyR2805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading for quite some time. I'm 26 from New York and have had this tank for over a year and a half. Its a 60 Gallon Tank with a 307 Canister Filter, Aqua-top Sp9 UV( installed May 16,2021), 2 Red sea 50 lights, 2 powerhead and heater. I bought a microscope to ID my dinos and its Prorocentrum. I've been told to dose silicates and I've dosed about 3 times (1ml). but i haven't seen a dino bloom to outcompete the Prorocentrum. I just got a Hanna Phosphate ULR checker and I'm sitting at 0.20 Phosphate. Should i be worried about Phosphate ? Essentially I'm trying to get rid of the Prorocentrum. What route should be i heading towards? i have microbacter7 but haven't dosed yet. Thanks for taking time to read my post, help is gladly appreciated. Have a good weekend guys!

July 30 Parameters
Nitrate - 10
Ph - 7.8
Phos - 0.20
Calc - 420
Alk - 7.7
Mag - 1420
Silicates - 2

Gordon-Cambridge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading for quite some time. I'm 26 from New York and have had this tank for over a year and a half. Its a 60 Gallon Tank with a 307 Canister Filter, Aqua-top Sp9 UV( installed May 16,2021), 2 Red sea 50 lights, 2 powerhead and heater. I bought a microscope to ID my dinos and its Prorocentrum. I've been told to dose silicates and I've dosed about 3 times (1ml). but i haven't seen a dino bloom to outcompete the Prorocentrum. I just got a Hanna Phosphate ULR checker and I'm sitting at 0.20 Phosphate. Should i be worried about Phosphate ? Essentially I'm trying to get rid of the Prorocentrum. What route should be i heading towards? i have microbacter7 but haven't dosed yet. Thanks for taking time to read my post, help is gladly appreciated. Have a good weekend guys!

July 30 Parameters
Nitrate - 10
Ph - 7.8
Phos - 0.20
Calc - 420
Alk - 7.7
Mag - 1420
Silicates - 2
I also have Procentrum. No3 around 25 - PO4 0.12 plus Big UV unit

Nothing has set back the Dino, they rule supreme. Corels suffering a lot.

Am using Carbon in fluid bed, replaced each two weeks

Now started Blackout, will run four day no light - also plan to remove all sand at end of blackout after a week of light. In meantime planing to put porous rock in sump, or refugium and soak in purchased bacteria.

Stratagy = get procentrum to detach and go free swimming, then hit with UV. Build up extra bacteria to compete.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back