Pros vs Cons: Frozen Fish Food vs Dry Fish Food

TonapahNorth

Reefed In
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the emphasis on regularity and stability, isn't there an emphasis on auto feeding, which requires pellets?

I run an auto feeder twice daily and put a small amount of LRS Reef Frenzy in daily. I don't feel bad if I miss a day (or a weekend) of frozen since the auto feeder gives pellets. I also supplement with coral nutrition dosing.

Dan I

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed both as I have fishes that favor one more than the other. In my opinion, I feed what my fish respond best to. They typically go nuts over frozen food and live blackworms. The majority of my fish eat it the dry food, while the others just look around.

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Giving both. Ocean nutrition formula 1 and 2 also spirulina and krill of ON for the dry food. As for frozen i use my mix of crabs, clams, squid with AF garlic and salifert coral food all mixed up. Also giving ON mysis, artemia, plankton, crab eggs. Every day dry 2 times a day 1-2 frozen per week 2 cubes and 1 time per week salifert coral food.

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See i have a question i would love to do fresh or freeze my own food but what would i use to make it the "best" variety. I live 20 minutes from the source in NC i can get it CHEAP but i have no clue what would be the best to feed my fat fishys.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back