Protect your tank with the ProfiLux 4 Power Loss Monitor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e8d60df3-9033-486e-9ec0-a302b6b285c8.png

Now available from GHL
ProfiLux 4 Power Loss Monitor

upload_2018-10-19_11-0-48.png

More control through power loss monitoring
With the GHL Power Cut adapter, you can now trigger emergency backup functions and receive notifications when an outage occurs.

Put your aquarium on another level of safety with power loss monitoring!

How it works
The ProfiLux Power Cut Adapter continuously monitors the voltage running through your ProfiLux 4 controller. If at anytime the adapter detects a voltage drop or power loss, the ProfiLux will automatically activate a user-defined emergency backup function to keep the essentials running.

To get started, you only need a backup power source for your essential equipment (incl. P4 controller) and a GHL Power Cut adapter.

Setup is quick and easy
Simply connect the power cut monitor to the LIN.MON port on the back of the P4, then plug the adapter into any regular power outlet.

Connect to your ProfiLux 4, go to the MAINTENANCE/POWER CUT settings page, enable power cut monitoring, activate the feature for the chosen maintenance mode, then freely select which outlets need to stay ON during a power outage.

55d8489c-67e7-41cd-9dd7-4cebaae99d31.png

Available at your preferred GHL dealer
ProfiLux Power Cut Adapter is now available for ordering. Find it at an authorized GHL dealer or at the GHL USA online shop.

Item number
PL-1607 ProfiLux 4 adapter for power cut monitoring

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Great but using a Maintenance for that may be problematic, firstly because we have only 4 maintenance available and profilux have no manual lights scene management. Therefore many user use maintenance for that.
Then keep some maintenances for true maintenance task like shutdown pumps for cleaning.
At last, when maintenance is activate Profilux not only disable level alarm, it stop cyclic controls.
For exemple I have a big UPS battery which can run Profilux and hardware for 10 hours, It's risky to disable overflow protection, ATO (osmolation), leaks sensors, etc for so long time...
Gael

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool!

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gael, thank you for your ideas and requests.
"Manual light scenes" will come soon, so some maintenance programs will become free if you used them for that.
Other software additions are also in the pipeline which may help you with the things you mentioned.
Another huge firmware update is coming soon.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sntmods - One of the power supplies off the P4 goes into a UPS the other into a surge protector into the wall.

If you want to maintain power of equipment after a power outage yes the powerbar would also be on the UPS.

Once the power monitor kicks on you can adjust the outlets you need on or off due to the power outage, if you are using mitras lights or 1-10v interfaces can lower the voltage output.

Ced21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you set it up so it will text you that there is a power outage without a ups? Reason being I have a generator that I would run when there is a long power failure. So the reason why I would like a text would be to let me know that there is a power outage so I can go and hook up my generator. I’m fortunate I live close to my work so I can hook up a generator if need be.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Ced21, how do you want Profilux send you a mail without power?????
Also don't forget about internet box, modem, switch, wireless)
Gaël

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sntmods - One of the power supplies off the P4 goes into a UPS the other into a surge protector into the wall.

If you want to maintain power of equipment after a power outage yes the powerbar would also be on the UPS.

Once the power monitor kicks on you can adjust the outlets you need on or off due to the power outage, if you are using mitras lights or 1-10v interfaces can lower the voltage output.
I have been thinking about doing this, and sounds great, does anyone know about the reliability of a UPS as setting power outage up like this creates the UPS as a single point of failure for whatever is plugged into it.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the UPS you buy it will tell you if it having issues. (Bad battery, battery not charging, overlimit, etc) Also once a month I run mine as a test to make sure no issues.

My generator using the mobile link device which text and emails me as soon as It kicks on or I would have bought the sms module for my P4.

Last edited:

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the UPS you buy it will tell you if it having issues. (Bad battery, battery not charging, overlimit, etc) Also once a month I run mine as a test to make sure no issues.

My generator using the mobile link device which text and emails me as soon as I kicks on or I would have bought the sms module for my P4.
Yeah think I’m over thinking this as most UPS are used in situations with computers, therefore must be reliable, I already have 2 APC UPS a dedicated one for my modem and P4 so I can be alerted and monitor things, and one for powerheads, I just need to reconfigure my powerbars and devices then I can just plug my UPs into my gene as Marco suggests to smooth the current signal out... a nice little project

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy S**t the price of those... mine are from the lower end of the APC range lol
They can be had pretty affordably, second hand. However even the battery replacements are quite costly. They are also high volt (192 vDC nominal), low amp(5 ahr) - which works well for high draw low duration (datacenter; UPS's are meant to bridge the 2-3 minute gap between power out, and Generator switch-over after warm up)... however is not really optimal for what most here are looking for. You want some larger deep cycle cells behind whatever inverter you're running, to provide run-time in the hours, or longer.

If I had to build a new power plant; I'd use a Charger/Inverter, probably 2-3kv and a string of deep cycles... maybe add a few solar panels for backup, in case power out for longer periods, then you can still recharge soem during the day prolonging the run-time. This is what we plan for down here in florida...

The BBU i posted above will run my proposed power plan for approx 4 hours, and eventually I'll probably add an expansion pack to it, prolonging the run-time to 8-9 hrs, but I'm also planning on running only 0-10v circulation pumps and controller, not return/skimmer/lights/etc. Doubtful I'll need heater, and chiller would be on once running on Generator. The 4hrs would be plenty of time to engage generator - mine is manual.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be had pretty affordably, second hand. However even the battery replacements are quite costly. They are also high volt (192 vDC nominal), low amp(5 ahr) - which works well for high draw low duration (datacenter; UPS's are meant to bridge the 2-3 minute gap between power out, and Generator switch-over after warm up)... however is not really optimal for what most here are looking for. You want some larger deep cycle cells behind whatever inverter you're running, to provide run-time in the hours, or longer.

If I had to build a new power plant; I'd use a Charger/Inverter, probably 2-3kv and a string of deep cycles... maybe add a few solar panels for backup, in case power out for longer periods, then you can still recharge soem during the day prolonging the run-time. This is what we plan for down here in florida...

The BBU i posted above will run my proposed power plan for approx 4 hours, and eventually I'll probably add an expansion pack to it, prolonging the run-time to 8-9 hrs, but I'm also planning on running only 0-10v circulation pumps and controller, not return/skimmer/lights/etc. Doubtful I'll need heater, and chiller would be on once running on Generator. The 4hrs would be plenty of time to engage generator - mine is manual.
We have 240V in the UK, so different specs,the main one I use will give me a couple of hours runtime and like you plenty of time to start the gene... as an aside I did some experimenting with my O2 probe and I found the best way to raise DO levels was by running the return pump slower so that water cascarded down my overflow box, really creating sheer and turbulence, in the water. Im going to change what I power off my backups, to a return pump and skimmer, much more effective than my MP60/40 combinations. A maxspect gyre at the surface was good as well... worth considering these things on backup systems

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have the power cut monitor but I did not receive a text alarm when testing it out. The P4 did indicate a line monitor alarm. I have my notification setup for Alarm - Just New and currently also have a temperature alarm in. When I tested the notification via the test button, the text did come and indicated both the temperature and line monitor alarm.

Wonder if it's something in my alarm notification setup or with the P4 alarming/notification itself?

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have the power cut monitor but I did not receive a text alarm when testing it out. The P4 did indicate a line monitor alarm. I have my notification setup for Alarm - Just New and currently also have a temperature alarm in. When I tested the notification via the test button, the text did come and indicated both the temperature and line monitor alarm.

Wonder if it's something in my alarm notification setup or with the P4 alarming/notification itself?
After the temperature alarm cleared I went back and tested the power fail again. This time when I pulled the plug, I did get the text for the line monitor alarm. So that alarm point does send out a text.

Should the Alarm - Just New setting send me a new text each time a new alarm comes in, even if there are others locked it? I tired this by also generating a PABCOM alarm with the line monitor alarm and each time a text was not sent for the second alarm generated.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ingchr1 - I am not sure if anyone answered this so I am going to :)

Once an alarm is triggered you will not receive an new alarm of something else triggering because the system is already in an alarm state. But, you should get both of them in the next cycle of the alarm message if they have not been corrected. So for example, alarm probe Temp goes off at 10:00am and you have your alert send interval 2:00 (2 hours) and at 10:30am a PABCOM Alarm happens, you should see both probe temp and PABCOM on the 12:00pm alert.

The Send interval has no impact thou on the Cloud, the App, or the display where you will see them all.

Hope this helps

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back