Protein Skimmer for a Biocube 32...

bigpfist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear a lot about getting (or not getting) a protein skimmer for a Biocube if you plan on having corals. I decided to just go ahead and take the plunge and I bought a Tunze 9001. It is supposed to come in the next week.

My question is do I really need an ATO for the skimmer? I have never had to top off my tank. The water level indicator on the side always stays at the same level after I do a water change. If I do in fact need to do a manual top off, am I looking at once a day? I haven't installed the media rack so it's hard to tell how high the water level is in chamber 2 which is where I plan on keeping the skimmer.

I welcome any advice and want to say thanks in advance!

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear a lot about getting (or not getting) a protein skimmer for a Biocube if you plan on having corals. I decided to just go ahead and take the plunge and I bought a Tunze 9001. It is supposed to come in the next week.

My question is do I really need an ATO for the skimmer? I have never had to top off my tank. The water level indicator on the side always stays at the same level after I do a water change. If I do in fact need to do a manual top off, am I looking at once a day? I haven't installed the media rack so it's hard to tell how high the water level is in chamber 2 which is where I plan on keeping the skimmer.

I welcome any advice and want to say thanks in advance!

Dunno, but Imma Give you a Bump

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was not pleased with the 9001 or 9004
Went to ice-cap K-1 and it looks and works like a full sized skimmer and really pulls the gunk. Only 3” round

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 93 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back