Protein Skimmer For IM 25gal Lagoon

jim725

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to modern reef ranks, mainly to enjoy with my 4 year old grandson. Had a 75 gal tank about 25 years ago. I started my tank on 4 October 22. It is an Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 25 gal lagoon AIO. I have added a Kessil 360AX Tuna BlueLED light, a Tunze 1355 ATO. Started with live sand, and 50/50 live/dry rock.
I am looking for a quality protein skimmer for my IM lagoon 25. The Tunze 1355 sensors take up most of the room in my return pump compartment. The IM skimmer designed to fit in one of the other compartments gets very missed reviews. The Tunze 9004 is just a little too large for fit in the compartment the the IM skimmer firs, compartment is 4"X 3". Looking for recommendation that would preferably work inside the compartment, but I am not totally against hang on as long as not too big that distracts from the appearance of the tank.

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to modern reef ranks, mainly to enjoy with my 4 year old grandson. Had a 75 gal tank about 25 years ago. I started my tank on 4 October 22. It is an Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 25 gal lagoon AIO. I have added a Kessil 360AX Tuna BlueLED light, a Tunze 1355 ATO. Started with live sand, and 50/50 live/dry rock.
I am looking for a quality protein skimmer for my IM lagoon 25. The Tunze 1355 sensors take up most of the room in my return pump compartment. The IM skimmer designed to fit in one of the other compartments gets very missed reviews. The Tunze 9004 is just a little too large for fit in the compartment the the IM skimmer firs, compartment is 4"X 3". Looking for recommendation that would preferably work inside the compartment, but I am not totally against hang on as long as not too big that distracts from the appearance of the tank.
You could look into reef glass. It's a very small airstone protein skimmer rated up to 30 gallons I believe.

It has good reviews and its small enough to fit almost anywhere.

RHND

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank, and I went with the eshopps nano skimmer. a nit snug but it does fit into the 2nd chamber without any modification.

They’re currently on sale at BRS as well

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back