Protein skimmer for Nuvo fusion 14g

reefmasterdomi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, was wondering what is your guys’ opinion on the best nano protein skimmer for the fusion 14g that could fit in the back compartment. I am about to pull the trigger on this. I’d love to hear all the feedback on what’s best. thank you

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great skimmer, I run the same one in the Nuvo 20. It uses the same pump as the midsize so that's a plus. I was recently getting a ton of micro bubble in the display and pull it apart open/clean the pump and it's performance is back to day 1. There are a few other options that will fit in the back chamber out there but I would recommend this one.

Skim.jpg

OP
OP
reefmasterdomi

reefmasterdomi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great skimmer, I run the same one in the Nuvo 20. It uses the same pump as the midsize so that's a plus. I was recently getting a ton of micro bubble in the display and pull it apart open/clean the pump and it's performance is back to day 1. There are a few other options that will fit in the back chamber out there but I would recommend this one.

Skim.jpg
Looks awesome. Will be purchasing now. Thank you for your help also do you clean the pump with tap water or ro?

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome. Will be purchasing now. Thank you for your help also do you clean the pump with tap water or ro?
Np, I used tap water, dry it and then dip it in the bucket from the water change. You could always use RO. This is something you probably don't have to do frequently, similar to my return pump. I did it because it was under performing and had micro bubble. Routinely I just empty and wash the cup.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back