Protein Skimmer for RS 750XXL

Magic City Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a protein skimmer for a large tank (I've got a Red Sea Reefer 750XXL) approx 160-180 gallons incl. sump? Preferrably one that wont break the bank but I also value noise-level and effectiveness at skimming. TIA!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Deltec 1500i on my 750 and I like it just for the noise level, it's the quietest skimmer I've owned but I'd like to see other suggestions too because I feel as if the Deltec doesn't skim the best but maybe I'm not tuning it properly.
I also love the overflow protection feature on the Deltec it has saved me from the skimmer overflowing a few times.

Upvote 0

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an Octo Elite 150 INT that's the best and quietest skimmer I've ever owned. You can get an open box version for $464 ($200 saved). Mine looked perfectly new. Only downside is they shorten the warranty to 90 days.

Upvote 0

JJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a protein skimmer for a large tank (I've got a Red Sea Reefer 750XXL) approx 160-180 gallons incl. sump? Preferrably one that wont break the bank but I also value noise-level and effectiveness at skimming. TIA!
Call me at Lifereef. I'll make you a skimmer to maximize the cabinet height, and height is paramount for any skimmer efficiency. Plus, a Lifereef skimmer will last a lifetime, no special pump, less maintenance, no need to take it apart every few weeks or more, no need to clean stuff out of the pump.

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 77 86.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back