Protein skimmer nano ice cap brand issues??

Reefer1485

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

so I just turned on my skimmer for the first time to see it run and had to take a video of what it’s doing. I am not sure if this normal for brand new ones but wondering if I could get some help. Here is the video

OP
OP
R

Reefer1485

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why I can’t get the video to upload. But on the air intake there are small wholes areas the top and then one on the bottom. If I plug up the whole on the bottom then it stops overflowing with bubbles and then I can control the level of bubbles from the control nob.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure of this exact model but generally the hole on the bottom is plugged and is there to drain the silencer if water gets inside. I believe you may be missing the plug.

rahusky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that skimmer. Totally normal, needs to build up some nice film then it will work better and be more adjustable. Cheers!

OP
OP
R

Reefer1485

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure of this exact model but generally the hole on the bottom is plugged and is there to drain the silencer if water gets inside. I believe you may be missing the plug.
O okay lol that makes sense. I will put it back in its spot and plug that hole. Thank you so much.
I have that skimmer. Totally normal, needs to build up some nice film then it will work better and be more adjustable. Cheers!
wow. Lol it’s just overflowing. How low do you have yours in the tank?

rahusky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow. Lol it’s just overflowing. How low do you have yours in the tank?
Lower than you do. My adjustment knob is about an inch or so above the water. Yes, it will overflow like this for a few days. You can dial down the adjustment screw a bit but it will act like this until you get some gunk buildup.

OP
OP
R

Reefer1485

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lower than you do. My adjustment knob is about an inch or so above the water. Yes, it will overflow like this for a few days. You can dial down the adjustment screw a bit but it will act like this until you get some gunk buildup.
Lol okay I will try it again when I get back from vacation. Wanna get it up and going before I add fish to the tank

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back