Protein skimmer

rferraro21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my reef octopus int 150 installed and running a few hours ago. I don't have anything to raise it up in the sump yet so it's sitting in about 12 inches of water instead of the recommended 6 to 8. I have the valve fully open but the bubbles are still pretty much to the top and is collecting a brownish water. Until I getting something to raise it is this ok? Or should I just turn it off until then?
e8f4cebf867ffa9190b02e5ea610d74f.jpg

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it overflowing at all? Place it on a glass bowl or piece of Tupperware until you can have something else in place or adjust the water in the sump.

tom reilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my reef octopus int 150 installed and running a few hours ago. I don't have anything to raise it up in the sump yet so it's sitting in about 12 inches of water instead of the recommended 6 to 8. I have the valve fully open but the bubbles are still pretty much to the top and is collecting a brownish water. Until I getting something to raise it is this ok? Or should I just turn it off until then?
e8f4cebf867ffa9190b02e5ea610d74f.jpg
Its working!

OP
OP
rferraro21

rferraro21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it overflowing at all? Place it on a glass bowl or piece of Tupperware until you can have something else in place or adjust the water in the sump.
Not overflowing currently but from what I've been reading it can change quickly, I'll give a bowl a try. It's pretty tight to if it starts overflowing it's gonna go out of the sump. Thanks

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not overflowing currently but from what I've been reading it can change quickly, I'll give a bowl a try. It's pretty tight to if it starts overflowing it's gonna go out of the sump. Thanks
The bowl works pretty good. I've had to use it a few times to get things dialed in due to water depth fluctuations and upon dosing additives/treatments which can cause skimmer to go crazy for a few days to hours.

Back