Protein skinner filling up

Alexblade1889

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there my protein skimmer has recently began filling really quickly like within a hour or so it’s been running fine for like a month and I’ve turned it down to it’s lowest possible setting and it’s still doing it ? Any ideas ? Many thanks !

K3v1n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there my protein skimmer has recently began filling really quickly like within a hour or so it’s been running fine for like a month and I’ve turned it down to it’s lowest possible setting and it’s still doing it ? Any ideas ? Many thanks !
Is this a new skimmer? If so, it needs to break in. If you added something to the tank it can cause the skimmer to go a little crazy but eventually settle back down.

OP
OP
Alexblade1889

Alexblade1889

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it’s an old slimmer mate and I have recently dosed it with atm outbreak to try and clean up my sand abit

Nathan Milender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try wiping out the inside of it and see if there is a film. Otherwise you will probably have to let it run out whatever it is pulling out. You may be able to attach a hose to the cup so you do not have to keep dissassembling it. Make sure your ato does not run out. I have had several things do this including spirulina and spilling the cup into the fuge when I tried to empty it. I have never used atm outbreak, but it stands to reason that is causing it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back