PSA: Reefing "Secret" 15% Discount on your reefing gear

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I setup a tank in November of 21, that quickly got me to upgrade to a 60 gallon tank and now I am planning a ~150 gallon build with a basement renovation we are working on. Needless to say, I have bought a ton of reefing-related items over the past year or so and will be buying more. While shopping I've watched the prices of some "dream items" and studied the high and low prices of items over that time frame, even noting Black Friday prices (theoretically the lowest prices of the year).

For example, about a week and half ago I was looking to buy some Marco Shelf Rock on sale for $5.94 a pound (15% off), I waited a few days and "missed my chance." Today, it's back on "sale" at Bulk Reef Supply.

Almost every month of the year you can find the items you are looking for from Bulk Reef Supply or Saltwater Aquarium on sale for 15% off retail price. In most cases you don't even have to wait a month to buy them. I've noticed the prices are exactly the same as the Black Friday events even though that specific holiday sale gets way more attention.

So with a little patience, save some of your hard-earned money and get 15% more bang for your buck by waiting for a "sale."

Maybe this is a captain obvious reefing tip, but all too often I hear of people paying full retail price on equipment that goes on sale VERY often. If you're buying something (non-MAP priced) not on sale, you're wasting your reefing budget!

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I found out years and years ago that Black Friday rarely has the best prices in any industry. It just seems more companies put something on sale that they usually don’t.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back