Pseudosquilla Ciliata

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What inverts are good with a Pseudosquilla ciliata? Any chance of being able to keep a Maxima clam with it?

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say “maybe” it can coexist with your clam lol, only because it a spearing mantis shrimp. If it was a smasher, it would say 100% will kill the clam.

It’s all on the personality of the mantis. But I would be prepared to loss anything in the tank that has a soft spot. Including your Maxima Clam

As for inverts, I would think anything with a hard shell should be fine from a spearing mantis shrimp. They go after soft foods and fish. They can go after other soft shell inverts like other shrimp as well.

Would love to see a photo!

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mine regular clams and based on the way it acts as soon as the clam hits the water I would not do it. Mine is a smasher and he smashes the shell into pieces. I am not sure how long you've had the mantis but they get quite large and fast.
It turns into a rabid like creature when it gets the scent of clam.

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mine regular clams and based on the way it acts as soon as the clam hits the water I would not do it. Mine is a smasher and he smashes the shell into pieces. I am not sure how long you've had the mantis but they get quite large and fast.
It turns into a rabid like creature when it gets the scent of clam.

Pseudosquilla Ciliata is a spearer not smasher. Diet is shrimp and fish.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back