PSXerholic's 210 Gallon Reef in "Reefcity Houston" ;-)

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Watch in HD !!!

Here maybe a last Video in this Thread before it comes to an end ;-)

The system changed so significant, that it deserves a fresh start with a complete presentation with all the new details.
As soon that is done I will post the link here for the switch ;-)

Meantime enjoy this one and see the flow pattern at the end of the video,of the fuzzy corals and extreme polyp extension.....................

Happy Reefing

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I you start a new build thread, you should just go ahead and start a 400g tank!

THX a lot for the brilliant idea.
Ok, based on your strong recommendation I reached out to some 400G tanks I know were only shortly in use and had to broken down ;-)
Shoot.............all gone already..................too late....................

So a potential new 120x48x30 which I have in mind, would be approx. 750 G and 15k investment for Tank, Stand and an additional ATI Powermodule light.
Modification to the wall between the Dining room and garage not included.

I would make the flying switch over then with Gallons of Prodibio Biodigest, lol.

-Andre

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a potential new 120x48x30 which I have in mind, would be approx. 750 G and 15k investment for Tank, Stand and an additional ATI Powermodule light.
Modification to the wall between the Dining room and garage not included.
-Andre
77ab46991646c227df0c8f8afec8f986_its-a-triple-dog-dare-i-triple-dog-dare-you-christmas-story-clipart_480-270.gif

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey buddy. Hope you are well. Your ta k is looking awesome. Can you please let me know what sort of foods you feed the fish and How often? Thanks.

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sahin

Since a while now I feed Simple fish cuisine frozen cubes every day, 2-3 cubes.
In addition every evening a mix of Coral Frenzy, AF Amino V and sometimes Oyster Feast or Reef Roids (toggling then between).
Also 2-3 times a day Tetra Flakes occasionally soaked in Selcon.

So far that's it.
Once a while companies send me samples of their food and I try it. But the above routine is been kept as much as possible.

For my "Reef Guide" e-Pub series, I will shortly try a new Home-Brew receipe as part of the Guide series for Coral Colorization.
So Food and Aminos will be part of the 3rd Guide as it looks for now.
Stabilizing the routines of the tank is done, so the effect of this brew will then clearly show pro's and cons ;-)

Supplementation of Aminos is not always easy done with no issues (RTN & STN can occur), as well certain criteria have to be met to have positive results from vitamins and amino from theory and my personal experience.

-Andre

Fr4nkthet4nk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Tank. I live in Houston too. I have been going around looking for a good store here in Houston. I have noticed a lot of ich recently in 4 out of 4 stores. Do you have any store that you will suggest? Do you frag those corals and sell them? Any group suggestion here in Houston?

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Tank. I live in Houston too. I have been going around looking for a good store here in Houston. I have noticed a lot of ich recently in 4 out of 4 stores. Do you have any store that you will suggest? Do you frag those corals and sell them? Any group suggestion here in Houston?

Cool, Houston is large and has many Store to visit fortunately ;-)
Google Psxerholic Houston and find me on the local Reef club sites where I support our locals, and you can get in touch with me for some store recommendations which depends of the area you live in, to avoid hours of driving ;-)

-Andre

Fr4nkthet4nk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, Houston is large and has many Store to visit fortunately ;-)
Google Psxerholic Houston and find me on the local Reef club sites where I support our locals, and you can get in touch with me for some store recommendations which depends of the area you live in, to avoid hours of driving ;-)

-Andre
I will do it!

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As part of the REEF initiative, I keep this thread filled up with my stuff before I start the new Tank Presentation Thread ;-)

Mini Colonies of my PSX's Avatar Efflo................these are awesome corals ;-)

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As part of the REEF initiative, I keep this thread filled up with my stuff before I start the new Tank Presentation Thread ;-)

IMG_3886_with_numbers.jpg

Some Purdy beauties that left the stable to new homes :)

-Andre

OP
OP
PSXerholic

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fresh cuts from the rack ;-)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back