OP
OP
PrimaryQwilfish

PrimaryQwilfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a $8 Figure 8 Puffer 3 1/2" in a 13g brackish tank. Low maintenance and just an all around awesome fish. The green spotted/leopard puffer and orange saddle fugu puffer are also brackish that get up to 6 inches. Since most puffers are not good at all with inverts and nips at corals. Check those 3 species out.

Thanks for the info and video, I'll check them out for a brackish tank :)

OP
OP
PrimaryQwilfish

PrimaryQwilfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Valentini that I've had since he was just a tiny lil thing... 7mos later.... I am going to have to fish him out as he will not let me keep a cuc in the tank any longer. I Love this fish as he is beautiful and so entertaining to watch as he cruises the currents of the tank and interacts with everyone with no issue. He goes where others know to stay away from.. He will not let my crabs and snails live! He eats everything I feed the others (Mysis, frozen Clams, Fish Frenzy...whatever...., eats Nori off the clip so I cannot believe he is actually hungry...it's just his thing! Really don't want to banish him to the sump so I will probably exchange for a credit at my LFS....As for the beak...seems to take care of itself by picking at the rockwork.....
Yeah I've heard they can be a bit bossy and run tanks sometimes. I hope he finds a happy new home!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back