Pukani, Reef saver and theories for new tank

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up going with Reef cleaners their stuff looks really nice it's clean and seems the best for my beginning situation. Thank you very much to everybody and their suggestions.

To build on my original post does anybody have any suggestions as to the best way to seed coralline algae? I live in The Boondocks and I'm not able to get any seeded Rock from any friends and the lfs only sells dry aragonite that is "seeded".

It will grow on its own. You could scrape some off the glass at your LF and put it on your rocks. Get your tank levels right and it will grow.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thank you everyone for the help, this wrapped up the final choices I needed to make. Everything is on its way and I will do a build thread on this 32g LED Bio-Cube

Looking forward to it!

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are saying you got the pukani, rinsed, scrubbed, then threw in new tank, to then cycle and cure at the same time both the rock and the tank biology? That is what I am aiming at, i want it simple, but the level of passionate arguments are extreme in reef tanks. I have always tried to follow the "KISS" method when possible.

To answer your question, I cured/cycled in a 100 gal container with powerheads and a heater. I tested ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate to monitor the cycle. I moved the rock to the DT after 6 weeks or so, which was also after it cycled.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back