pulsing sinularia who's got one and are you willing to frag it?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey softie lovers,

no that my tank it ready for corals I am getting my slect soft coral list together.

let see some of your pulsing sinularia.
how often is it out and happly blowing in the wind?
any think else you care to share about this coral?

post your pics please need some inspiration!

next who has one that they would be willing to frag. even better if its a Mike C linage :)

marine farmers used to have it. but my tank was not ready for it at the time.
I did real out to pabalo at MF to see if he has some that is ready to frag.

cngh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a shot of my pulsing sinularia. Between the yellow Fiji leather and the green sinularia (but looks yellow...). There's another smaller one to the left, under the Fiji leather.

This is a clone of my original thumb size frag I got when I first got into the hobby back in 2008.

It's cool to see interest in this coral as it's relatively rare, but not super popular. I love mine.

It's pretty hardy and a good grower. Likes dirtier water, but within reason. Also tolerates all different light levels. Low or high in the tank seems to do alright for me. It will kill whatever it rubs against that is not another leather. So zoa's, acros, lps, etc. will eventually lose if this touches them for long.

I haven't trimmed this in years, but for the first time a few days ago I did trim as it's growing to the surface. Letting the frags mount to some rubble at the moment.

Too bad you're not in SoCal, but I'm not a shipper. Hope MF gets it sooner rather than later. Good luck!

PXL_20210819_224229546.jpg

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a shot of my pulsing sinularia. Between the yellow Fiji leather and the green sinularia (but looks yellow...). There's another smaller one to the left, under the Fiji leather.

This is a clone of my original thumb size frag I got when I first got into the hobby back in 2008.

It's cool to see interest in this coral as it's relatively rare, but not super popular. I love mine.

It's pretty hardy and a good grower. Likes dirtier water, but within reason. Also tolerates all different light levels. Low or high in the tank seems to do alright for me. It will kill whatever it rubs against that is not another leather. So zoa's, acros, lps, etc. will eventually lose if this touches them for long.

I haven't trimmed this in years, but for the first time a few days ago I did trim as it's growing to the surface. Letting the frags mount to some rubble at the moment.

Too bad you're not in SoCal, but I'm not a shipper. Hope MF gets it sooner rather than later. Good luck!

thanks for posting! its nice to see the frags all grown up.
that a nice yellow fiji leather to.

what about other softies like steros, capnella & lopos? are they ok to touch? I want to make a nice softie island in my tank.

cngh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty certain it's fine mixing with capnella. Not as positive about neptheas since i don't have any...but i'm pretty sure they'd be fine together. Not sure about lopos since i don't know that coral.

one thing i do is run carbon in a reactor just to reduce the toxins from any chemical warfare going on. seems to keep things in check.

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey softie lovers,

no that my tank it ready for corals I am getting my slect soft coral list together.

let see some of your pulsing sinularia.
how often is it out and happly blowing in the wind?
any think else you care to share about this coral?

post your pics please need some inspiration!

next who has one that they would be willing to frag. even better if its a Mike C linage :)

marine farmers used to have it. but my tank was not ready for it at the time.
I did real out to pabalo at MF to see if he has some that is ready to frag.
Check ebay or local clubs

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for posting! its nice to see the frags all grown up.
that a nice yellow fiji leather to.

what about other softies like steros, capnella & lopos? are they ok to touch? I want to make a nice softie island in my tank.
Does MF stand for MF Corals that is on Facebook?

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was one of my favorite softies! I gave it away when I was waiting to set up my new tank and can’t find A replacement.

reeftwincities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one from marine farmers being delivered tomorrow. I have had great luck with them--great selection of soft corals.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my colony before my move. I had it in High light, high flow. Base turned a metallic green with bright purple branches. I switched to SPS, and recently switched back. I bought a frag from marine farmers a couple months ago, so I hope it gets that nice green base when it grows up or I may have to track down my original strand.

and a pic before I sold it off (you can see the green thru the branches):
1638542104864.png

muntwo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Where

Where in SoCal are you located? I’m in West LA and looking for pulsing sinularia :)

walligee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello, nice tank! would you be willing to sell a frag of pulsing sinularia and yellow Fiji leather? I’m in Tustin area. Thank you

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back