Pump for moving water through a kalk reactor?

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been battling this saw issue with my Avast K1 stirr. Was trying to use my Apex pmup via my ATO but it was overflowing te reactor. Now I’m testing the ice cap dosing pump at a rate of 90mls an hour.
Has anyone used this pump
What are you doing?
I had messaged Avast to inquire if this can be done with their mixers and they said no as it is not sealed to work this way, they said you can’t pull with pump as it is meant to be gravity drip.

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had messaged Avast to inquire if this can be done with their mixers and they said no as it is not sealed to work this way, they said you can’t pull with pump as it is meant to be gravity drip.

Off topic (kinda).... I find it odd that almost every Kalk stirrer these days uses that same gravity drip design. Very difficult to find one that is totally sealed that can have water pushed through it. I know that the gravity drip design can help to prevent leaks, but sometimes it is not possible to have the stirrer at a level that is higher than the edge of the sump so that the gravity drip works.

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off topic (kinda).... I find it odd that almost every Kalk stirrer these days uses that same gravity drip design. Very difficult to find one that is totally sealed that can have water pushed through it. I know that the gravity drip design can help to prevent leaks, but sometimes it is not possible to have the stirrer at a level that is higher than the edge of the sump so that the gravity drip works.
I was talking to someone today about it on FB and found one that works although not as cheap as other would do what I’ve been looking for.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking to someone today about it on FB and found one that works although not as cheap as other would do what I’ve been looking for.

How is the Deltec different from the Avast? The outlet still needs to be above the sump for gravitity flow.

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ooooo the price tag on that.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want something pressurized, your best bet is a kalk reactor that has a sealed lid, like from Geo or MRC. I do not know of any Kalk stirrers that have a sealed lid.

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want something pressurized, your best bet is a kalk reactor that has a sealed lid, like from Geo or MRC. I do not know of any Kalk stirrers that have a sealed lid.
I have and old Fishbowl Innovations Kalk stirrer with a magnetic stir bar that is sealed. Just got to get the acrylic seam to stop leaking. Lol.

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool... pics please! :)

Here it is. Not hooked up to the system right now, but will be soon.

image.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back