Pump for transferring water to fish tank

albertski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a good pump to use for transferring water from a 5-gallon bucket to the fish tank? I have the Waterbox Marine X 60.2, so I'm thinking of doing a 5-gallon change weekly. Another option would be to buy a 75-foot tubing and transfer it from the mixing station to the tank. When I was carrying the bucket yesterday to my quarantine tank, I spilled it a little.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 1/4 hp utility pump is handy. I use one connected to a python and change 5g at a time. Amazon has a model that's around 45 bucks that has worked great for me. Plugged it into a power strip and I just flick the switch to turn it on and off. Beware that it will churn the water a fair amount so you would need to hold on to it.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this one because it was cheap ($12.99) and specs said 400 gph which was more than some of the nicer pumps I saw people saying they used, plus I liked the in-flow on the bottom.

*only used it for 1 water change so far but worked fine to get water from 5 gallon bucket on the floor, up and over the edge of the tank. (No switch on the power cord which would've been nice but I just plugged it into a power strip with switch and used that).

Pretty cheapie so who knows how long it will last but worth the price already for me so who cares:

AQQA 400gph Submersible Pump

clarimore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 1/4 hp utility pump is handy. I use one connected to a python and change 5g at a time. Amazon has a model that's around 45 bucks that has worked great for me. Plugged it into a power strip and I just flick the switch to turn it on and off. Beware that it will churn the water a fair amount so you would need to hold on to it.
there is no copper in that one??

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back