Pump / Overflow recommendations for a Fiji-12 nano sump

russell.dexter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

So I am finally settled on getting a sump for my 36 gallon bow-front. The caveat is I cannot drill the back glass and need to find a HOB overflow solution.

To that end can anyone recommend a solution to pair with my new fiji-12 nano sump purchase? The whole sump installation is really overwhelming to me so I'm hoping someone can recommend a solid return pump to match the sump and overflow.

Really appreciate any feedback!

Dexter

Last edited:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one I'd probably check out is the Eshopps Power Flow line. Here's a discussion on R2R that might give you some more insight.

RBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

So I am finally settled on getting a sump for my 36 gallon bow-front. The caveat is I cannot drill the back glass and need to find a HOB overflow solution.

To that end can anyone recommend a solution to pair with my new fiji-12 nano sump purchase? The whole sump installation is really overwhelming to me so I'm hoping someone can recommend a solid return pump to match the sump and overflow.

Really appreciate any feedback!

Dexter
Hello Dexter,

Not sure if this will help but I ordered a siphon overflow from Lifereef. The one I have now does not seem that reliable and I read good things about the lifereef one. I am going to pair it with an 800 GPH pump I got on Amazon. Nothing fancy. I figure with head loss I will be around the 600 GPH that is recommended. I also have a level sensor in my sump that will turn pump and ATO off if siphon breaks. Not 100% full proof that it will stop an overflow but it is another level of security. I also drilled a little hole in the neck of my return nozzle to prevent back siphon if power goes out.

OP
OP
russell.dexter

russell.dexter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot for the insight! Will order a lifreef overflow- read up and it seems really reliable.

Another total noob question- I can have a silicone or vinyl 3/4" tube from the pump to the display- do I just connect the tubing to a canister spray bar in the display?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back